Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #1

Thor Palazzo Country Fill water?

We bought a 2013 Thor Palazzo and we love it! Does anyone know how to do a country fill for fresh water on one? Thanks.

Wayne
Wtbrown11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
What is a country water fill? Are you talking about a gravity fill directly to the tank?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #3

I do not unserstand the "Counrty Fill" term. You can connect a hose and select "City Fill Tank", selector pointed to the 6 O'clock position, and the tank will fill. Just tried it on mine 1 minute ago and the tank started to fill. If you are talking about something else, please explain?

PS, We love ours too!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Is this something like " you can take a boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy "?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman
What is a country water fill? Are you talking about a gravity fill directly to the tank?

Ken
Yes...filling the water tank using jugs of water that I carry with me.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #6

Question Palazzo Gravity filling of Water Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtbrown11 View Post
Yes...filling the water tank using jugs of water that I carry with me.
For the benefit for other Palazzo owners I will paste my PM response I sent to you this morning;

"I read my owners manual and it mentioned that some coaches have gravity fill (if your coach has gravity fill do the following...). I went outside and opened the compartment where my water tank is and looked, and from what I could see it only has a vent (overflow) tube coming out the top but no other opening to use for gravity filling (unable to see the entire water tank). Let me know what Thor has to say, maybe there is some place else that has the gravity fill inlet".
Old 07-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds

For the benefit for other Palazzo owners I will paste my PM response I sent to you this morning;

"I read my owners manual and it mentioned that some coaches have gravity fill (if your coach has gravity fill do the following...). I went outside and opened the compartment where my water tank is and looked, and from what I could see it only has a vent (overflow) tube coming out the top but no other opening to use for gravity filling (unable to see the entire water tank). Let me know what Thor has to say, maybe there is some place else that has the gravity fill inlet".
Thank you. I'll post their response
Old 07-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #8

Quote:

Maybe it is the winterize selection near the hose hookup?
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #9

Jack Arnold says: For the benefit for other Palazzo owners I will paste my PM response I sent to you this morning;

"I read my owners manual and it mentioned that some coaches have gravity fill (if your coach has gravity fill do the following...). I went outside and opened the compartment where my water tank is and looked, and from what I could see it only has a vent (overflow) tube coming out the top but no other opening to use for gravity filling (unable to see the entire water tank)."

Jack, my Bounder has a small external door to fill the water tank with a garden hose. If your tank has no gravity fill opening like this, how does the book say to put in Clorox to disinfect the system? Still thinking about the Palazzo. My Bounder (Hoppie) was crying this morning when I went out to the barn saying he did not want to go to North Carolina to my son's house. (We will give Hoppie to our son if we buy a Palazzo)

I downloaded the "owners manual", but it is generic and does not cover specific Palazzo items.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I do not unserstand the "Counrty Fill" term. You can connect a hose and select "City Fill Tank", selector pointed to the 6 O'clock position, and the tank will fill. Just tried it on mine 1 minute ago and the tank started to fill. If you are talking about something else, please explain?

PS, We love ours too!
Jack, is there any other way to fill the water tank other than the "city fill tank" selection. Is there any gravity fill that we talked about earlier? I am guessing there is not....

George Lewis
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #11

I heard from Thor this morning and they said to turn the valve to winterize. I'll give that a try when I get a chance. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtbrown11
I heard from Thor this morning and they said to turn the valve to winterize. I'll give that a try when I get a chance. Thanks for the suggestions.
I see the winterize selection but what do you do after selecting? Do you connect some kind of hose and funnel arrangement and pour in the water? I need to research how this is done. Thanks! Jack
Old 07-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #13

Quote:

I see the winterize selection but what do you do after selecting? Do you connect some kind of hose and funnel arrangement and pour in the water? I need to research how this is done. Thanks! Jack
On my Jayco, I would connect a hose, drop it into the water jug, and the water pump would suck the water out.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtbrown11

On my Jayco, I would connect a hose, drop it into the water jug, and the water pump would suck the water out.
Thanks, I will try it the next time I have it set up at a campground.