Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #29

Ours is a 2016 chassis and it does have the fold down cup holders. Indicated mpg on the dash shows 9.3, but I haven't reset it since delivery. I am pleasantly surprised on the ride and handling so far. Taking our first road trip this weekend, so have my fingers crossed for an event free trip.
Capnsteve60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkshire17 View Post
Thanks for all this info! We are seriously considering buying the 35SF. Anyone want to comment on the ride being a bit hard? What kind of mileage are you guys getting? Is there a fold down cup holder on the 2016 Truck chassis? Anyone in the So Cal area that has a 35SF we could look at? Thanks.....Sad, there's none near us!
We have a 2016 35SF and have had very few issues; it's been a great motorhome. There is a drop down dual cup holder in the center of the cab. We live in a really flat part of the country and get right at 11MPG. The ride is very nice but you definitely feel the bumps more in the light rear end compared to the heavy front end. Handling is awesome. I drove 150 miles along the Atlantic coast during Hurricane Hermine last year with 60 MPH sustained winds and stronger gusts. I was really glad when the trip was over but the camper was rock solid on the road.
SamKVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #31

Trying to understand why sat tv installation is so difficult. Features claim it is hd/sat prepped. The only wiring is coax to bedroom and outside tv that carries over the air channels. Installed Tailgater on the roof, but can only install one receiver, so only one channel at a time. Since they "forgot" to install a light switch in the bedroom, is it possible they missed the HDTV distribution system as well?
Old 06-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigmywork View Post
Could us a little help.... Just purchased a 2017 Super C 35SB from Lazydays... The dealer dropped the ball and did not have the coach properly prepped and I have a lot of issues, But I just couldn't wait around due to time restraints. They gave me a huge "we owe you" list but I was wondering if anybody knows if after I work out some of the bugs if one can go to the factory for warranty and recalls?

I am up in New England and all the dealers around here will not work on it if you buy down South...

Hello,

I'm in the market looking to purchase a 2018, 35SB, do you mind sharing what you paid for your coach?
Gdumas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:57 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdumas01 View Post
Hello,

I'm in the market looking to purchase a 2018, 35SB, do you mind sharing what you paid for your coach?

I purchased a 2017 from Lazydays for $123,998
idigmywork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:14 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdumas01 View Post
Hello,

I purchased a 2017 from Lazydays for $123,998
idigmywork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:46 AM   #35

Thank you for sharing the info! One last question, I haven't been able to find any info online regarding the engine exaust brake on the Thor Super C, does the Super C include an engine exhaust brake?
Gdumas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:27 AM   #36

Forest River Owners Club
I would suggest looking at MHSRV just to get an idea of the street prices. One thing, I wouldn't buy one without full paint, splurge on that and make sure you get the diesel generator.

My 2014 did not have an engine brake. it's a standard F550, I don't know if the newer F550s have an engine brake or not. It would have been useful because I bought mine for towing through the Rockies.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #37

My 2017 Thor Super C does not have an exhaust brake.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnsteve60 View Post
My 2017 Thor Super C does not have an exhaust brake.
Not positive about any year other 2016 but as far as I know all F550 chassis cabs have engine brakes and activate when in Tow/Haul mode. Mine work great!

Sam
Old 06-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #39

Forest River Owners Club
Tow/Haul mode does not engage an exhaust brake. It sets the transmission so that it downshifts when you tap the brake.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Tow/Haul mode does not engage an exhaust brake. It sets the transmission so that it downshifts when you tap the brake.
Again, I can't speak for anything older or newer than 2016 but this is straight from the 2016 Ford manual:

The tow/haul feature:
• Delays upshifts to reduce the frequency of transmission shifting.
• Provides engine braking in all forward gears, which slows your vehicle and assists you in controlling your vehicle when descending a grade.

Thanks!
Sam
Old 07-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #41

Engine Braking/Exhaust Brake

Engine Braking and an exhaust brake are two different things. It should have a button for the exhaust brake that is separate from the Tow/Haul button. This is from Ford's site for the Powerstroke Diesel:

"The 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel has a Smart Exhaust Brake function. When activated, it restricts the turbocharger's exhaust flow to generate back pressure and slow the vehicle for greater control while going downhill. Also, brake fade and lining wear are reduced, lowering the cost of maintenance. Three settings are available: On, Off, and Auto that modulates engine braking to help maintain speed based on accelerator and brake pedal use."

I would hope it would have an exhaust brake installed or it is no better than a Gas engine motorhome descending grades, which if that is the case, I will be checking this one off my list of potential motorhomes.
John (USAF Reti)/Cheryl (Teacher) Boo (15 year old cat), Billie (18mos cat), Ben (18mos cat), Beau (18mos cat). '20 Tiffin 32SA (Feb 2020 arrival); Past RVs: '16 Newmar Ventana 3709, '16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA, '14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL, '12 Voltage V3200, '09 BigHorn 3400, '06 Jayco Octane, '04 Jayco Baja
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #42

We just returned from towing our Wrangler 700 miles down and up RT17 through the Mid Atlantic and our MPG dropped from 11.0 to 10.9. Some sections of 17 are super highway but most are 55-60 MPH and there are still a good number of towns to go through. Towing experience was excellent with no issues. Using a Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Patriot II brake controller. Very easy setup and tear-down and a nice stable tow with great tracking behind Motorhome. I still need to perfect the sensitivity and force settings on the Patriot but all-in-all, a great towing experience.

Tags
thor