Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
Why wait 2 years? If you are having so many problems, trade it now for the motorhome that you want.
I have to wait at least 2 yrs or I will lose my assignment off trading it in for another one.
kitloft is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
I agree that the QC at Thor is lacking, but I do firmly believe that Thor will stand behind your coach. Camping World probably isn't where you need it to be. I recommend that you go to the Thor site, click on the owners section and complete the suggestion sheet telling them of your issues. They should be familiar with it since Camping World should have contacted them for warranty approval. You should receive a call withing a day or two. Talk directly to the warranty section and you should get some straight answers. Thor has sent techs to owners locations, or picked the coach up brought it to Elkhart and repaired it, and returned it. Don't know what their plan would be for you , but talk to them. You can call them if you would rather 877-500-1020. I speak with John Woodcox for my warranty issues. They have never let me down.
Did that, done that.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
I'm a Thor Hurricane owner and the coach has been everything I expected. It hasn't been problem free but it has never been in the shop or caused an outing to be cut short.

I would buy one again but I would never buy a new one. Not just a Thor built rig but any manufacture. Industry wide quality control is a huge problem and the big service center franchise chains are not helping with slow and poor warrantee service. You are best off buying used and become as self sufficient servicing the coach as you can. Having to depend on a service center is not going to make ownership an enjoyable experience regardless of how high end the public perception of a particular manufacture may be.
One cannot change what is done. Some say don't buy new, & some say why wait 2 yrs. The main reason for both of those is money!
Old 11-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by komac View Post
Even though I spent my professional life as a university professor, I have owned more than 60 vehicles, including some high-end Porsches. In my early years, I learned to maintain those vehicles myself, mostly because I could not afford the maintenance and repair costs. When I bought my 2010 Hurricane, new from a Florida Camping World, I expected quality control issues and I got what I expected, but I was prepared to fix those myself and not spend days or weeks in some Camping World facility or other service center, trying to get issues resolved. I fixed the dinette that soon fell apart. I fixed the drawers that fell out of their slides. I put screws in places that were supposed to have them but had been missed during the build process. I fixed the entrance door lock. I do all of the oil changes on both the engine and generator, and I run both of those motors at least twice a month for about 30 minutes when we are not using the unit. The only serious problem I've had is a bad electronic control module on the engine, and that had nothing to do with Thor. This is my fourth class A motor home. I had problems with all the previous motor homes. I have a friend, however, a neighbor who is a traveling salesman. He travels the U.S. with his Monaco (?) diesel pusher. He bought it new in 2000 and has logged more than 250,000 miles in it. He does no maintenance on it himself. He has a favorite local service center that respects him and appreciates his business. But he has few problems to report. He brags to me about his Monaco just about every time I see him. As with all equipment, regular use is a good thing and leads to far fewer maintenance or repair problems. I do strongly believe, however, that the entire RV industry lacks quality control, both in the manufacturing design and process and in service delivery. When I have gotten good service, I'm actually very surprised and pleased! That should not be a normal response. Komac
How can you say this to me? I'm a woman & 60 yrs old. I can't do repairs to something like this. On top of it all, I shouldn't have to, I paid way to much to deal with that. Since I wrote my post on here, my bathroom hideaway door has fell inside the wall. My owning is still not fixed, I had to replace kitchen faucet, they replaced my electric fireplace heater, & more. It is not a new rRV anymore since they to do all those repairs to it. Man, u may not mind going behind them to make repairs at your expenses, even doe you paid a lot for it, but not I. I'm not that stupid. If I make repairs that isn't authorised by them, then the warranty is no good at all. If something really goes wrong, they will blame you for your work done on it. So, you do your thing & I'll do what I'm told to do.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by komac View Post
On the above response, I should have also added that I do not buy any extended warranty plans. I have had several supposedly good extended warranties in the past, and each one failed to live up to its promises. The last one cured me of extended warranties when it did not pay the daily rate promised me for having to wait for repairs to be made while I was more than 600 miles from home. When I submitted my request, along with all the documentation, I received only one day of reimbursement. I called to ask about it and was told the daily rate applied only if the unit is being worked on continuously every day, not when parts are on order! That is only one example of very bad experiences. Komac
I don't do extended warranty plans either, because I got ripped off on my last one. I cancelled my policy, but didn't get the remaining balance back, because the dealership is supposed to refund it. Thank God, it wasn't much let on it, because the dealer didn't refund i. So, no wworries about that anymore.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilkens View Post
My Thor unit is now on 46 days at Lazy Days and not even close to being repaired has anyone filed a lemon law, is it worth the effort, this unit has also been to the plant for three weeks of repairs and Lazy Days another 13 days before this trip and I bought it new in late June, they have had it in the shop more than I have been able to use the unit. what can someone do the unit is a Tuscany 44MT
All I can say is get you an attorney.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #49

Today, 12 Nov. 2014, I'm trying to fine someone to take my case. It isn't a lemon law thing, it is a defective workmanship in the coach. So, I'm running into a brick wall trying to find an attorney that will take the case. I have had enough waiting on them to make the repairs that is left & new problems.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #50

Mid Atlantic Campers
What happened Kitloft? You were so good with the smiles
Old 11-13-2014, 07:03 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Steve View Post
What happened Kitloft? You were so good with the smiles

She went to go purchase a spell checker.
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #52

I have a spelling problem also. These smart phones have small keys and kind of have a mind of their own. They kind of spell and say what they think you want to say.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #53

Agreed, I'm not the best speller either!
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitloft View Post
Yes, I have, and they're the ones that don't care about my problems. I brought 2 of these RV's from them. Their QT r not doing their jobs. All they're interested in is selling their RV's, * the hell with the customer. After, I get this fixed, I'm going to get another one in 2 yrs, but u can bet it won't be a THRO!!!!!
Call a guy named Tom Overton at Thor, I found him to be the most helpful of any rv person I have had the non pleasure of dealing with.
tvarges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #55

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Never Never NEVER

Grrrrrrr

This thread is a nightmare.
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:42 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
Why wait 2 years? If you are having so many problems, trade it now for the motorhome that you want.
Money!

Tags
rvs, thor