RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #1

Tuscany

How come no one writes about the Tuscany line of coachs? Hopefully it is everyone is extremely satisfied.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Williamsburg_Va_5-14_1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	488.0 KB
ID:	65668  

CRay_Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I am on my second Tuscany! Bought a new 2011 42RQ in late 2011. Attended the Thor Diesel Club Rally last fall and they had the new 44MT on display. Just had to have one. Picked up our new 44MT in Feb., 2014. Have had no major problems with either coach. Thor has taken care of everything even after the 42RQ was out of Warranty. Couldn't ask for better service at the Thor Service Center in Elkhart, IN.

gmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Another happy owner here. Owned a 2008 Mandalay for 4 mostly-perfect years, then traded it last fall for a 2014 Tuscany 40RX. Wanted to go all-electric, and liked a lot of new features that weren't on my 2008. So far so good, except for a few to-be-expected break-in issues, and looking forward to a lot more traveling in the next few years.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #4

Cray, your coach is beautiful!! Love the color scheme
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrobe View Post
Cray, your coach is beautiful!! Love the color scheme
X2
Old 06-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #6

There is a thread of Astoria owners and the Astoria it's the predecessor of the Tuscany.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
There is a thread of Astoria owners and the Astoria it's the predecessor of the Tuscany.
Ummm, I wouldn't quite say that ... when we first shopped for diesel pushers (2008 or so), Damon (which was already owned by Thor) made the Avanti, Astoria, Tuscany, and Essence. Four Winds, another Thor unit, built the Mandalay and Presidio. When Thor rolled their motorhome operations together in 2010 as Thor Motor Coach, the surviving diesel brands at the time were Serrano, Avanti, Astoria, and Tuscany, according to their press release.

Today, Thor builds the Palazzo (which was a new product from the ground up), the Tuscany XTE (with a 360-hp Cummins ISB, it's the equivalent of the Damon Tuscany and the Four Winds Presidio), and the Tuscany (with a 450-hp ISL, like the Damon Essence and the Four Winds Mandalay). Having previously owned a Mandalay, and now a Tuscany, I would just say Thor rolled the features of their biggest, most "luxury" coaches into the current Tuscany line.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmullen View Post
I am on my second Tuscany! Bought a new 2011 42RQ in late 2011. Attended the Thor Diesel Club Rally last fall and they had the new 44MT on display. Just had to have one. Picked up our new 44MT in Feb., 2014. Have had no major problems with either coach. Thor has taken care of everything even after the 42RQ was out of Warranty. Couldn't ask for better service at the Thor Service Center in Elkhart, IN.

Picking my coach up tomorrow from the service center. It has been there for 3 weeks with some what I thought to be minor repairs. I'm not sure what caused the lenghty repair time but expect I will understand better when I meet with Steve and gang. Hope my experience is as good as you and several others have described to me.

CRay_Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote