Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tuscany...HELP....About to pull the trigger

Greetings.....

We have an opportunity to purchase a new 2015 Tuscany 40DX from a dealer. This is a leftover 2015, never titled. The price seems pretty good, 40% below MSRP.

I've read tons of posts from owners that would never again purchase a Thor product and others that would purchase again. I understand that posts are subjective so I'm reaching out to anyone on the forum that owns a 2015
Tuscany, regardless of the floor plan.

Any information you can share would be GREATLY appreciated before I have to pull the trigger next weekend.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Since it has been on the dealer's lot for quite a while it has most likely been "robbed" of parts that were needed on another motorhome that just sold. Ours was.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:43 PM   #3

I'm guessing after reading about the problems with Thor rigs, your gut says run. You should listen to that 😁 Why but new? These things depreciate like a rock!
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #4

Wink

If you like the Tuscany and the floorplan, and the pricing, then don't let others tell you different - there is no such thing as a 'left over' NEW motorcoach - It's just been on the dealer lot waiting for it's new owner, You.

It has the same warranty, factory customer support, and dealer service as any other.
NO coach, no matter the price or year model, is perfect... no coach is removed from possible installed product failures or issues... and no coach is immune from problems that arise later from no fault of the owner...but, the factory and dealer service, as well as us here on iRV2, will aid you immensely during your ownership.

We did the same Our brand 'new' Palazzo was happy to see us...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:12 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for your replies. I will be headed to the dealer next week to drive it and give it an up close "physical".

I'll touch base after me decide it's a go or no go.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:25 AM   #6

The things I would be concerned with are that the engine, transmission, and generator may have not been "exercised" on a regular basis, tires not covered, slides out while the coach not on jacks. As to Thor quality and service, I am very pleased with them. At the annual International Rally in Goshen Indiana Thor sends their techs who provide two "small" repair fixes for free and a deep discount on parts. I'm not sure if any other builder does this. Ultimately it's your decision but I would buy another Thor.
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote