Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2015, 10:08 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to littlevegas
Unhappy Vegas 24.1 headlight adjustments

I have a 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 and I just installed a pair of nice Phillips blue LED fog lights which look really slick looking. I took the coach on a level surface and saw that the lights are not in alignment. The headlights on the DS point to high and PS to low. The opposite is true for the fog lights. This makes for an ugly look on a nice modification when traveling down the road.

I'm going to try and attach a few pictures that I took tonight and you will see what I mean. I have OCD which is a good think but this is downright ludicrous.

How do you adjust the headlights. I have a trip coming up this weekend and I have to adjust the lights tomorrow being Friday. The weather is suppose to be nice here in NJ and it will be a good day to tinker with everything.

Any assistance or tips greatly appreciated:-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1740.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	112396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1742.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	112397  

littlevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't know the Vegas, but first question is: "We're they that way before you changed the lamps?" If not, that will narrow it down to something wrong with the installation. There should be notch that helps to properly align the lamp. If it is not snapped into that notch, it will not seat itself all the way into the lens, and that will focus the beam incorrectly. If this is not helpful, tell me what lamp number it takes, and I can look it up. (I work for a company that does electronic catalog devices for automotive aftermarket parts.)
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:09 PM   #3

yes it was like that before the installation, I just never took the time to realize this. I noticed traveling down the road at night in the fog that one light was pointing higher than the other.

The notches are installed correctly, I know that part is good because like I said the condition is preexisting.

The low and high beams are H9
Fog are H11
Old 11-23-2015, 08:18 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi John:

Sounds like your issue is unrelated to the lamps themselves, then, and since it's about 25 degrees with 8-16 inches of snow on the ground here in Northern Illinois, I can't get to an RV dealer to take a look at how the fog lamps are mounted. I'm surprised someone with another Vegas has't weighed in. The high and low beams are likely adjusted correctly, since the driver's side should be aimed lower to avoid blinding oncoming drivers, but I would not expect the fog lamps to be aimed so differently.

Sorry I can't offer any other advice. Good luck! Are enjoying the Vegas otherwise? We almost purchased one ourselves, but elected to get a used Palazzo instead. I like the size of the the Vegas (our thought was that we wouldn't tow a car if we had gone the Vegas route, but will likely need one with the Palazzo since it's just that much harder to find parking for the longer coach when visiting small, downtown areas or attractions).
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #5

lights help thanks

Thank you for your assistance, all is appreciated. I cannot wait for the snow to come my way. The motor home is winterized already but I still use it for some shows until mid January when I do put it away for the more serious parts of winter haha.

It actually is the opposite, I think my pictures are showing it correctly but maybe they are creating an illusion?! :-( The drivers side low beam is pointed and angled higher than the passenger side (the high beam is probably the same since its on the same housing assembly). For the bog lights, the opposite appears true to the headlights.
I am also surprised that other Vegas owners have not chimed in as well, but kind of happy in a way because that means there are less Vegas owners out there. I do not want anyone to go through what I did after buying my Vegas. Haha. I practically rebuilt my entire coach from the chassis up.

Screws missing, sawdust and cutout parts just sitting next to the extraction spot, overhead tv's HDMI door installed the opposite way (yes, i did not know that was even possible), and so much other stuff that I can go on and on about.
DO NOT BUY A VEGAS!!!!!
Old 11-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #6

I do know one thing, the H9 and H11 are the exact same as far as physically. The difference being the H( is brighter and put out more watts than the H11. Correct?

I know the low beam is H9 and so is the high beam. The H11 is the fog lights. FYI.

Am I correct with saying this. I think I am?! :-) Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #7

Avoid Vegas and all Thor products. Poor workmanship and customer service is very poor. Read your warranty carefully
dcdavisnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Aiming headlights is non-trivial. You'll need to know where they "should" be to start with. Many states have specific requirements for headlight aim.

You'll need a nice level spot to park the coach with a white or gray vertical wall exactly 25 feet away. Having the alignment pattern laid out on it is a definite advantage. Otherwise some careful measuring will be required. Tires need to be properly inflated, and the coach must be level from side to side.

Getting all of that is the hardest part. Once you've got it you need to find the adjusters. There will be at least one (vertical) and probably two (vertical and horizontal) on the back of the light housing. Once you've found them you adjust the aim by making small turns (no more than a quarter-turn at a time) with a screwdriver. It's not at all unusual for the adjusters to be blocked by some other engine or coach component.

The fog lights may or may not be adjustable the same way.

You really should consider having this done by a professional that knows the requirements for your state and has the equipment to do it right. Doing it "by eye" can leave your lights seriously out of alignment and cause potential safety issues for you and oncoming drivers.

Good luck,

Randy
groswald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, light