RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #1

Want to purchase a new Class A Gas Motorhome

Hello everyone, We are looking at the purchase of a 2017 Thor Miramar 34.2 would like to hear from members that own the Miramar and are they happy with it. Anything you can advise us to look for with the purchase I have a quote of 30% off MSRP, any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

gary14wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

The Miramar is the first level of TMC's mid-grade Class A lines with taller frame risers giving a larger bin and smaller dog house.

These are beautiful RV's that are offered at a price point the other makers do not offer.

The downside is that they are making these units as fast as they can, so small quality things can be missed by the factory and the typical dealer will not fix a problem until the buyer demands repair.

30% is very good for current year models...30%-35% is typical on year-end sales (2016's now).

With a very thorough inspection (PDI) before sale pick-up, you could have few problems...and thorough means to check everything from the headlights to the house 12volt. Run every faucet and check for leaks. Operate that huge full wall slide at least 2 times. Have the dealer show you how the TV's and radio works. Open every bin and look inside every cabinet looking for missing screws or left-over construction waste. You're not buying a Toyota...it's more like buying a house...check everything.

And...the slide has at Schwintek 3Trax. This system is finicky and requires the owner to be aware of its needs, see:

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may pay a bit more, but look at Newmar Canyon Star & Bay Star. Quality construction & warranty service is top tier.

We bought a new 3911 Canyon Star in 2013. Great unit from chassis manufacturer (Ford), great unit from coach manufacturer (Newmar), great customer support from Newmar, both during & after warranty period.
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

I have no vested interest in any class A nor will I ever have another one, but I did watch a video about the Nexus Maybach this past weekend. It appeared to be competitive with any other class A gasser and offer some features that most do not. Ultimately you have to be the one to decide what you want, so please do your due diligence. Good luck
2016 Vilano 365RL (#5)
2019 F250 XLT CrewCab 6.7 Powerstroke
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #5

The Middleton Run plant builds ACEs, Windsports and Hurricanes. The Wakarusa plant builds Miramar, Challenger, Outlaws, Palazzos, Arias, Venetians and Tuscanys as well as the F550 Super Cs. Different factories, different people, different engineers. The Middleton run plant tries to produce about 10 coaches a day while the Wakarusa plant is luckily to get six a week done.

As for my Hurricane from MHSRV - everything works as it should from the first day. I had one small dash electrical fault that developed after six months and 9,500 miles. We were visiting relatives in Austin, so I called MHS and ask if they could fit me in for a 10am appoint the next day when we were headed home. "No problem just drop by the office and we will have a look." It took the tech about 40 minutes to trouble-shoot the system and come up with a fix. No cost-still under factory warranty.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote