Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2016, 06:01 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMontgomer View Post
We have the 29.3 as well. Love the floor plan. What upgrades did you do?

Remember you asked

1. Tiger Trak to rear axle
2. Centramatic wheel balancers
3. TPMS (tire temp pressure monitoring)
4. Cheap Handling Fix
5. Lights to engine compartment
6. Removed ACE decals from exterior
7. Screens to grill louvers at engine compartment
8. Reinstalled all cargo latches so all are oriented the same
9. Sound and heat insulation to bottom of cockpit deck and doghouse
10. Third house battery
11. Quickfill to all batteries
12. Bad Boy air horn in addition to factory horn
13. LED reading lights to driver/passenger
14. Overhead speakers to cockpit
15. TPMS,GPS permanent mount above driver
16. Dash cam permanent wired
17. Oversize toad brake light in dash
18. Audible turn signal indicator
19. Latch step step well drawer
20. Removable cover to stair well
21. Courtesy light to switch cluster at step well
22. Switchable courtesy light to control panel at overhead cabinet
23. DVD player under overhead cabinet above dinette
24. HDMI cable from DVD player to outside TV
25. Hinged lid to front dinette bench
26. Valuables safe
27. Removed rear dinette bench, installed dog crate
28. Installed point of use inverter in overhead cab for DVD and front TV
29. Solid mounted front TV
30. Converted front AC to duct only, installed house type hinged cover return air filter
31. Installed faux tile between counter top and overhead in kitchen
32. Digital thermostat
33. Ceramic tile counter to ceiling behind bath sink
34. Oversize mirror to bath
35. LED fixture above mirror
36. Exterior LED fixture under awning (scare light)
37. Additional latch to pantry
38. Wireless switch to overhead lights in bedroom
39. DVD player under TV in bedroom with point of use inverter
40. Two LED reading lights under overhead cabinet in bedroom
41. Lift kit for bed storage
42. Auto on/off LED fixture to under bed storage
43. Residential type security alarm
44. Second roof AC to bedroom, non ducted, 11k BTU Power Saver
45. Mid shelf to large exterior storage compartment
46. Two additional wash ports to black tank
47. Porch light changed to LED bulb

Probably forgot a couple

Yep, a couple more:

48. Digital clock with inside/outside temp to cockpit overhead
49. Changed angle on driver's overhead mirror (conversation mirror)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to meetthemojos
We just purchased a Thor Venetian 40ft DP. It is our first and we are very happy. Little disgruntled with the place we bought it. But the Coach is going to be our home for the next year as we fulfill a family dream.
meetthemojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetthemojos View Post
We just purchased a Thor Venetian 40ft DP. It is our first and we are very happy. Little disgruntled with the place we bought it. But the Coach is going to be our home for the next year as we fulfill a family dream.
Congrats on the new-new Venetian...first year for this new line, I think.
Truly beautiful coaches!
It is the new non-tag axle Flagship for Thor Motor Coach, with the bigger 8.9ISL engine over the Tuscany XTE

Best luck on the adventure and hope you share all about it.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:23 AM   #32

Congrats on the Venetian. I like the looks of them but they r so new there doesn't seem to be a lot of info and experience with them yet?
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:10 AM   #33

Send a message via Skype™ to meetthemojos
The Cummings 400 is awesome. I'll keep everyone posted
meetthemojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #34

Ace 30.2

So happy to hear all the great posts on the Thor Ace's out there, I must of bought the 2015 lemon model. I do have to remind myself you Get what you pay for. If it wasn't for the low cost for a new motor home I probably wouldn't have bought new. The workmanship on the interior could be better, had to have mine in for floor screws coming through the linoleum speakers installed half in their holes and I still can't listen to the radio driving down the road? I've had to fix the shower base myself because the dealer wasn't able to spot the front screw that wasn't caulked, I also added more support to the shower base to stop it sinking down below the drain. Only had to replace 2 drawer catches and repair 3 of the window openers. The slide, well that another story......
GeoffA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffA View Post
So happy to hear all the great posts on the Thor Ace's out there, I must of bought the 2015 lemon model. I do have to remind myself you Get what you pay for. If it wasn't for the low cost for a new motor home I probably wouldn't have bought new. The workmanship on the interior could be better, had to have mine in for floor screws coming through the linoleum speakers installed half in their holes and I still can't listen to the radio driving down the road? I've had to fix the shower base myself because the dealer wasn't able to spot the front screw that wasn't caulked, I also added more support to the shower base to stop it sinking down below the drain. Only had to replace 2 drawer catches and repair 3 of the window openers. The slide, well that another story......
Had same problem with shower pan flexing at drain. Drain hole through floor decking was inadequately supported. Had same noise issue until I insulated the underside of the cockpit deck and the doghouse. Cost about $350 for material. Now the DB level in the RV is about the same @65 MPH as our Jeep Grand Cherokee @ 70 MPH.

Owned 2 RV's prior to this Thor. One was a Winny Journey DP. Swore I would not buy a third one until I was retired and had the time to tinker and "baby" another one.

Sorry to hear of your aggravations. An RV can be a burden as any depreciating asset can. I won't bore you with my boat stories.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #36

The only problems I have had with my 2015 Thor ACE 29.2 are:
1. The pipe for the drain in the shower broke where it connects to the elbow because the factory cut it to short. I replaced it myself with a pipe .25 inches longer which solved the problem
2. Pipe under sink also broke at the elbow, it appeared that the connections won't flex as the coach goes down the road so I added a rubber pipe which allows it go flex, problem solved
3. The reading lights that are behind the passengers seat and above the couch were not working. Voltage showed only 9.1 volts at the fixture. Everyone thought it was a bad ground but I found the fuse that was used was poorly made and the wire broke but was still slightly touching. I changed the fuse and the problem was solved
Ed118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought a 2015 Tuscany 45 AT last October. This is our third coach. I had been watching the forums and all the remarks about Thor quality for two years prior to purchasing this coach. I have to admit, some of the negative quality remarks in the posts stopped me from making a purchase sooner. Over time, the posts on the forums seemed to get more positive and with the total uniqueness of the 45 AT floorplan, and an opportunity on one coach at a really good price, we decided to make the purchase.

We have not been sorry. Has the coach had issues, yes. Most of the issues were small like loose screws or hinges that weren't adjusted correctly, the set up of the audio visual system made no sense, and I fixed most of that myself. A couple of issues were more complex and I called the Thor service number, got help, had parts sent for free, and resolved the issues.

An Renipladlo, my dad who had six coaches, once told me that it takes a full year to move in to a new coach and work out all the bugs. It does! And for the people that say buy a used coach and you won't have as many problems with it as a new coach, I say this: baloney. I'm in real estate, and I see houses all the time with issues that the owners have just grown to accept. That light switch has to be wiggled, that doorlock has to be jiggled, you have always had to press the button twice to get the garage door to close, yeah that oven light has been out forever. Used is no guarantee of anything.

The other thing to consider, is that even though there are many different manufacturers of coaches, they all use pretty much the same components manufactured by the same companies. Your chassis choice is Freightliner or Spartan. Toilets are Dometic, as is the furnace. Hydronic is only Aquahot. A/C is Coleman. Jacks are HWH, Lippert or Power Gear. Tires are Michelin or Goodyear. It is interesting that when one of these company's products go bad, we blame the coach manufacturer.

And lastly, Dealers don't know poop and will not, and can not fix your coach. In their defense, Dealers sell 20 brands each with 40 different units per brand. Do the math. They don't know your coach and never will. Want your coach to sit somewhere for a long time and nothing happen with it? Take it to a Dealer.

Look for a manufacturer that has Technical Phone Service that will work for you and send you what you need, and a Service Center that you can take your coach to for the big issues.

Thor Motorcoach has both. I have used the Tech line and been to the Service Center in Wakarusa. They both do good.

Ok, off my soapbox of RV Reality! We love our Tuscany. Hope to see all in Goshen in October!
jmaccallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:49 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Thanks
Totally agree!
See ya at the rally !
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
We're thinking more upon the lines of a brick in mortar in the Keys.
You can't go wrong there. I have a place in Key Largo and it's paradise, but we're looking for a new Windsport or a Hurr.... I cant say the H word in the keys (bad luck). We want to see the rest of the country during the summer.
bladerunner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:58 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner4 View Post
You can't go wrong there. I have a place in Key Largo and it's paradise, but we're looking for a new Windsport or a Hurr.... I cant say the H word in the keys (bad luck). We want to see the rest of the country during the summer.

Sweet
Old 10-15-2016, 06:17 PM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumster View Post
I pick up my 2017 Thor Hurricane 31s next Friday. I hear that all manufacturers have issues with their new units - mostly in proportion to the relative cost of the coach. I'm hoping to get a "good one" since it's our first but am expecting to have things that need fixing....

Hope there is a resounding positive theme to this thread! [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]
So how do you like your Hurricane so far?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:15 AM   #42

We own a 2015 Thor Chateau 31W Class C. Like all Motor homes we had some issues the first week of ownership. We ordered ours at the Tampa RV Super Show. We were 1st time RV owners. We decided to have Thor at the factory in Elkhart take care of all the repairs there because all the parts are there & no wait time waiting to order them. Our main home is in Florida & our summer home is in Wisconsin so stopping off in Elkhart is easy on the way home either direction. We are now into 19 months of ownership & have 15,000 miles on it. We love our 31W design, price, & Quality. Thor gives you the best bang for your dollar. Thor has been great fixing the issues even after the 12 month period. Make an appointment about 1 month before if you want the factory to handle repairs. Thor only takes 12 appointments per week at the service dept in Wakarusa Indiana where service repair is done. Service is very good there. I was very pleased on how they delt with my issue 3 weeks ago Sept 19th 2016 on a broken grey tank elbow pipe. Thor replaced it for free & did a complete inspection on my Class C. We spent 2 days at Thor as they did a complete inspection to make sure I was happy. I finally think Thor has gotten the message that Quality & Customer service is number 1. Yes I would buy another Thor Product but not from Campingworld.
Alex54016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, thor