Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

Would you buy a Thor Class A again?

Just for fun, we have a 2016 Ace 29.3 and likely would buy it again.

Would you buy your again? Why or why not? What do you love? What don't you like?

Please post the year and model of your motorhome.

Thanks!
BobMontgomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
KC

Yes, we love the layout, it drives great. If I was going to get another RV it would be a Thor Diesel. Been very happy!!

KC
Old 07-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
AJB

Currently have a '14 Challenger 37GT. While speaking to Thor customer service about some "out of warranty " issues that we were trying to get resolved the person we were speaking to suggested that if we were that unhappy with our RV then sell it. That's quality customer service at its best. No, I would not but another Thor product!
AJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #4

I pick up my 2017 Thor Hurricane 31s next Friday. I hear that all manufacturers have issues with their new units - mostly in proportion to the relative cost of the coach. I'm hoping to get a "good one" since it's our first but am expecting to have things that need fixing....

Hope there is a resounding positive theme to this thread! [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]
Drumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB View Post
Currently have a '14 Challenger 37GT. While speaking to Thor customer service about some "out of warranty " issues that we were trying to get resolved the person we were speaking to suggested that if we were that unhappy with our RV then sell it. That's quality customer service at its best. No, I would not but another Thor product!
So did you sell it? I looked it up and it looks like a very nice coach.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #6

Yes another ACE

That is a hard question. We own an 2014 ACE 29.2 which we purchased in Sept. 2013. So far we have had in the shop for warranty repairs just once (water heater). We are due to send it back to the dealer for repair under extended warranty (water heater again). However, the water heater issue is not directly a Thor issue. I have had quite a few minor issues, but I have been able to fix them myself 0 so no big deal. I do my own maintenance, and the rig handles okay with the CHF (on the front only).

IMHO, the ACE has the best design for the front drop down bunk in short class As, and the rest of the package is pretty good. In fact, I would not be surprised if I bought a 29.3 or 29.4 in a couple of years. If I win the lotto - a diesel pusher for sure.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiknVikn View Post
That is a hard question. We own an 2014 ACE 29.2 which we purchased in Sept. 2013. So far we have had in the shop for warranty repairs just once (water heater). We are due to send it back to the dealer for repair under extended warranty (water heater again). However, the water heater issue is not directly a Thor issue. I have had quite a few minor issues, but I have been able to fix them myself 0 so no big deal. I do my own maintenance, and the rig handles okay with the CHF (on the front only).

IMHO, the ACE has the best design for the front drop down bunk in short class As, and the rest of the package is pretty good. In fact, I would not be surprised if I bought a 29.3 or 29.4 in a couple of years. If I win the lotto - a diesel pusher for sure.
Sounds good! What kind of problem did you have with your water heater? Ours has never worked with electricity and Thor is sending a part to fix it under warranty. We like ours a lot so far. We appreciate your input.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #8

Ace 29.2

I am getting neither gas heat nor electric. The last time it was repaired the shop said it was a loose ground connection. I am going to try and see if I can get at the ground connection to see if that is the problem again. We have been having triple digit temps around here, so I have not given it the old college try yet.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We'd buy another as well, but frankly, if we won the lottery, we'd likely pay to have the interior of our Palazzo stripped and replaced with custom furniture and surfaces (floors, counters, etc.) in the exact same configuration. We love the floor plan and the outside appearance is as sharp as anything in its size range. We'd just love to be able to pick all of our own colors, surfaces and fixtures).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	134114  
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #10

Well we have a good one. So far after 8,400 miles the only problem is the water relay for the 120 v element didn't work. We were at the Elkhart Campground and Thor sent a tech out to the campground and fixed it. We went to Elkhart to visit three of the Thor factories. We had a personal 3 hour tour of the ACE, Windsort and Hurricane factory and with a group of 12 at the M,C, OL, P, V and T plant. Highly recommend the tours as well as the Airstream factory in Jackson Center. Tours are conducted by factory sales people with 4 years or more of factory floor experience.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #11

Yes, we are pleased. Would we buy another one? It's hard to say.
We purchased ours via impulse before a trip with friends. If I had time to shop around I would probably purchase a used DP. Our first RV (class c) we were completely in the dark.
The Thor was big, bright, shiny and we had a little bit better understanding of what we wanted in a motorhome. To this day we still remain very satisfied with our purchase.
It has done 100% of what we have asked of it and unless we get the strange urge after the kids move out of the house it will be the last motorhome we purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ace and boat.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	134383  

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
unless we get the strange urge after the kids move out of the house it will be the last motorhome we purchase.
So, what you're saying is you'll be shopping for a new RV at some point
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
Yes, we are pleased. Would we buy another one? It's hard to say.
We purchased ours via impulse before a trip with friends. If I had time to shop around I would probably purchase a used DP. Our first RV (class c) we were completely in the dark.
The Thor was big, bright, shiny and we had a little bit better understanding of what we wanted in a motorhome. To this day we still remain very satisfied with our purchase.
It has done 100% of what we have asked of it and unless we get the strange urge after the kids move out of the house it will be the last motorhome we purchase.
Nice looking Ace. Thanks for your input.

Bob
Old 07-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #14

We have a 2016 Challenger 37LX and had a 2014 Thor Four Winds 31F. No problems with the Four Winds at all, but have had some shakedown issues with our Challenger. Customer support has been very responsive to many questions. They have quickly sent fuses, LED replacement lights, and water pump. Will be taking it in to CW in August to fix a short in the house lights. That's one thing we couldn't fix on our own. We bought it in November and had to wait through Feb for CW to fix some body scratches and a few other smaller type issues. There was a dispute between CW and the transporter as to who would pay for the scratches - transporter won.

We love the fit and finish of our MH. The beautiful cabinets, the comfort of the furniture, and of course the floor plan sold us. We spend quite a bit of time at the dinette and it is spacious and comfortable. It's as nice as the Tuscany at half the price. The diesel just wasn't worth the extra $$ to us. Replaced the 6" King Denver Mattress with 8" Memory Foam.

We didn't want low cabinets or a TV above the windshield that would hinder the huge view, and it fits that bill. We love the smooth ride (6 speed transmission) and the stability when truckers pass by. Big improvement over the Four Winds.

Many more things we love, but couldn't be happier with it and even with a few issues, we would buy again. It definitely helps save time and money if you can fix things yourself. Good Luck!
janniemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, thor