Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #1

KZ RV Club
Would you recommend 2013 Tuscanny XTE

With all the issues I am reading I am getting ready to bail on the deal we are working on . What issues should we be prepared for and would you recommend buying this product .
Kenc1325
Kenc1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I have a 2011 Tuscany 42RQ and have no major problems. I have 16K miles on it now. Thor has taken care of every problem I have had with no questions ask. I'm only 200 miles from Elkhart so that's where I take it if anything needs repaired. They have taken care of repairs at no cost even after it was out of warranty. I think Thor has a very good product for the buck.
gmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have been told by a dealership that the xte chassis isn't reallly that good. Thor bought them from freightliner at a good price. I would call Total Value RV in Elkhart and ask for David, he seems to know about that chassis. Their number is 866-282-4460
Good Luck
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I personally would need to know what price point vs. a 2011 coach. Is this Tuscany used? If used and no warranty i would walk away. Quite simply put this is my opinion. I am sure there are many satisfied Thor owners. Best of luck.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #5

We have a 2012 and have had very good luck with it. Thor seems to take a little better care of the Tuscany owners. High points:
1) Drives well and easy. Bangs around some on bad pavement, but overall very comfortable.
2) Layout is superb. Love the big fridge, the two bathrooms, the expanding couch, and all the little touches here and there.
3) Storage is a little mind boggling. Still have not figured out how to use all the space! But no doubt we'll keep working on it.
4) Great kitchen space and great bedroom space - two very important features.

Low Points:
1) Draining and winterizing is a PITA big time. I screwed it up last winter and now have a valve in the washer and a line in the fridge water system broken. Arghh.
2) Whoever designed the sewer outlet should be forced to use it. It works after you figure it out and buy a 45 degree adapter, but geez...
3) The audio hook-ups need to be rethought. I have a feeling that there are lots of good things lurking behind that TV and theater amplifier, but I can't get to any of them to find out. Would it kill them to provide a couple hookups for XM, iPods, etc? I like listening to music more than watching TV.
4) ALWAYS REMEMBER to dump the air before leveling. Screwed that up once and wound up having to call the hotline after the jacks extended too far. I'd love some sort of lock-out there.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #6

I just bought a 2013 tuscany 45 lt- so far its been awsome.. we looked at them all- defiantly the most coach for the buck.. I am coming from a monaco dynasty. a great quality coach no doubt but roadmaster chassis ride like a tank. and the floor plans are boaring compared to the new mid ship lay outs-
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #7

I'm really interested in the Tuscany 45Lt. I question the 8K generator with the three air conditioners instead of having the 10K unit. I know the 8K is like my current 7500 as it is a load sensitive unit that speeds up and down with the load. The 10K is a single speed which is quieter because the speed doesn't change with load. That's the only real concern I have, except the rear radiator. It definitely has the couch, desk, tv living room that we like. Hmmmmm Steve
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #8

Hi steve- we love our tuscany 45 lt- 8 k gen has no problem running the 3 a,c . yes not the 10 k lower humm that you hear.but this coach is so big and roomy you dont notice the gen sound at all. for the money and lay out and the fact its brand new is great.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I just traded our 2011 Tuscany 42RQ for a new 2014 Tuscany 44MT. 44MT is on the same chassis as the 45LT. Only one we could get the Euro Chairs in. This will be my third Thor coach. I have not had any problems with my first two units. I feel I kept about 80K in the bank buying Thor vs other brands we looked at. Good luck with your decision.
gmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #10

My DW and I just bought the 14' 45 LT but are still stuck in the hotel here in Alvarado TX due to icing. We are right next to the MHS complex and everything not under cover is coated with ice.

Back to the Tuscany, we looked at this thing every way we could and after test driving it we bought it. I too had concerns with the 8,000 watt gen but remembered how I managed loads with my stick built emergency gen. The 8,000 should be no problem. And I agree by far the best bang for your buck. Only wish we were in it now and down on the TX Gulf Coast.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #11

Thanks for the reply. We were looking at the Winnebago tour but I can barely fit behind tithe steering wheel steve.o
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #12

Hey, I was USAF too. I was a marksmanship instructor so I got to see everyone once a year at least. I hope you get thawed out and are able to get on the road. No sense getting on the road with a new rig in the ice.

I have a question on house batteries. Is there room in the battery area for 2 more? We do dry camp quite a bit and would probably need the extra battery power for the residential fridge. I just changed out our inverter for a 2000w Magnum inverter last year and it really works great so I am familiar with that. How does the generator come out in the front? It looks like the front cover swivels up and then you can slide the generator out under it. Another question is the size of the shower. I love the double sink layout, but can't tell from the pictures that I have seen how big the shower is. I'm about 6'3" 270, so I need a fair sized shower. Appreciate any feedback you can give me. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get somewhere that has one to look at. Thanks and happy travels, Steve.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #13

There is no more room for 2 more batteries on the tuscany. I also wanted to do this but it's not possible. The shower is also average. I believe the 42 foot has a bigger one if I remember right but not the 45 lt model .