Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
AJB

You forgot to do what?

Hello all, new to the forum and had to share this. In September my DW and I went to the Hershey RV show and ended up signing a contract for a Challenger 37GT. Expected delivery date was to be November. On November 26th we got a call from CW in Churchville, NY and they told us they received our RV but it was manufactured with single pane instead of double pane windows as ordered. They gave us the option of taking this unit with a discount or order us a new one to be delivered in Feb. 2013. We decided to have them order a new one. Well Feb. came with no phone call so I decided to call them and check on the status. Can you guess why I titled this "You forgot to do what". Yea, they forgot to order the new RV. Now we have to wait until April, hopefully. The upside, I didn't have to winterize or put the unit in storage for the winter.
AJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. Looks like that worked out in your favor. Good luck and post pictures when you get it.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Words escape me

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #4

Might end up getting 2014 model !!
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #6

unreal... you are to nice. Thats 6 months because of 2 errors.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Might end up getting 2014 model !!
That's a good point. Tell them you want a 14 at the same price.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #8

ordered last week, during the week, my dealer called me... thor gave me the option to get a 2013 or 2014 build... the 2014 was with an additional $1000. They really know how to part your money from your pocket... of course I went with the 2014.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #9

How do these people stay in business? CW tried to sell us the washer dryer for a motorhome we were looking at . Found out they just took it out before we got there. The plumbing and pan were still sitting in the MH. I pointed out their ad said it had a washer dryer. This is the one just opened by lazy days in tampa. Gotta watch your back!
If this CW cant even order your unit how good could the service be?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
ordered last week, during the week, my dealer called me... thor gave me the option to get a 2013 or 2014 build... the 2014 was with an additional $1000. They really know how to part your money from your pocket... of course I went with the 2014.
Due to the mistakes they have made here I would of told them I want the 14 model and you eat the $1000.00 increase if you want me to place a order with you or I'll go shopping. How could a salesman forget to place a order for that kind of money especially after the first mistake he made? Times are still tuff for rv business still.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #11

Ya. When I pushed one button on my phone and found 32 of them that are for sale. I wouldn't spend much time with that dealer!!
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It doesn't surprise me (CW), I'm still waiting for a part that never came. I ended up buying on line for a lot less money. Sad way to run a company. I lost my faith in them some time ago.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #13

AJB we bought at the same dealership last fall. (I assume it's Campers World if not please disregard). Also there is another member here who may have something to say also, but I would highly recommend buying elsewhere. There are alot of dealers out there and I have heard many good things about other places. But I would NEVER buy from these guys again. Nothing you said surprises me you may want to read an eye opening thread called "If its not one thing it's another" by macgyver1. I wished I had before I bought there. But I will say Thor has been great to deal with and have stepped up and helped me fix the issues I have had so far. Best of luck to you.
john109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You are too nice. I would have cancelled the order and gone somewhere else. If nothing else find another service center. If the sales department can't place $$$ orders correctly what is the service department going to be like.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote