Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Navistar MaxxForce Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #1

Air Filter for Maxxforce 10

I am trying to find a replacement air filter and not having much luck.

Owner's manual shows Donaldson #s Safety 601560 and Primary P610788. I pulled the old one out and it doesn't have a number that I can see and on each end it has what looks like the blue Safety filter element that I found a picture of on-line.

Anyone have a supplier that they have been able to order from? Do I just need one element, two or three?

Thanks, Randy
RPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a source for the main filter.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035R3N4A

The safety filter shouldn't need replacing unless the main failed but you can get it here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040YXJQY

My safety filter was not installed at the factory so I added it.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
Here is a source for the main filter.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035R3N4A

The safety filter shouldn't need replacing unless the main failed but you can get it here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040YXJQY

My safety filter was not installed at the factory so I added it.
Hey Dennis, thanks for the info. Can you tell me what the safety filter is for and where it goes? I have sent messages to Donaldson and talked to a filter place, and neither has any idea about it.

Thanks, Randy.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The safety filter is on the outlet side of the filter housing just after the main filter. Donaldson states to "Visually inspect the safety filter but do not remove it unless it is damaged or due for change out". It appears to me to be a good way to separate the clean side from the dirty side while changing the main filter.

Download the following document and it should show you everything.

https://www.donaldson.com/content/da...st/Air-PCD.pdf
Old 09-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #5

Makes sense after reading your info and the attachment. Mine did not come with a safety filter either, so I didn't know what it was or where it went. Now that I do, I'll order one and install it.

That's again for your help.

Randy

Tags
air