Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Navistar MaxxForce Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #1

Maxxforce 10 Secondary filters

I would like to change my secondary oil filter and the secondary fuel filter on my Maxxforce 10 and cannot find any information on how to do it. Can anyone provide any how to tips on this?

Thanks, Randy
RPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There are instructions in your Owners manual of changing both. You will have to pull up the floor in the bedroom to access the secondary fuel filter.
The Centrifuge Filter canister does not contain any oil so it's not messy to work with.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #3

On my 40 ft Knight, the secondary fuel filter is located under the trap door in the bathroom. You will need a large socket( 1 and 1/2") as I recall and extension. Simply unscrew the fuel filter cap and remove the old filter. There is a drain on the bottom of the secondary fuel filter housing to drain out the old fuel. I refilled the housing after installing the new filter to avoid getting any more air into the system than necessary.
The centrifuge (secondary) oil filter on mine is located behind the batteries on the curb side and not difficult to change. Just unscrew the band screw and separate and install a new filter. Take care to get the new one lined up correctly in the top of the housing when reinstalling. Hope that helps.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #4

Thanks for the info, guys. Filters are due to be delivered tomorrow.
RPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #5

I managed to get both my oil and fuel secondary filter changed. Neither one is very easy to access, but after doing it once, it will be much easier the next time.
I removed the floor in the bedroom to access the top of the motor for the fuel filter and decided to also remove the section in the closet to make it easier and see how much work room there is for the fan area. To get the closet section loose, the sliding closet door base has to come out. It wasn't obvious at first, but after sitting in the closet, I saw the screws that hold it in. There are two screws on each side recessed on the back side of the wooden slide. They are pretty difficult to remove due to the tight area.

Didn't have anything to fit the fuel filter housing top, so I had to buy a 36mm socket that fits just right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH closet screws.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	179086   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH floorboard.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	179087  

Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Fuel filter.jpg