RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Navistar MaxxForce Engine Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:21 AM   #1

Recall

I only know of 1 recall on my 2013 Max force 10. This was
completed in 2014 with 633 Miles. Now have 23,000 and have problem with recalled item. Recall was a cable and a pressure regulator. Unit died (. Luckily in for service). Recalled cable either melted or glued in to regulator. Called HR and as recall was done, no help offered. Cost will be $450 +/-. Any ideas on where to go next??

Long Island Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry I can't help you with your specific issue, however I am curious about your overall opinion of that motor and drivetrain. Care to comment? Would you buy it again? Have you owned other diesels?

Thanks!

CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #3

Not familiar with the recall mentioned but mine is a 2012 and could be different.

We have a Maxforce 10 and have had zero problems with it at 23000 miles. I know it seems to have a bad reputation among some but it has been great for us with good power and no problems to date. Jake brake works great and no problems with the Allison transmission. I have not had to do a regen yet. I believe it helps to keep idle time to a minimum. Pull a jeep wrangler in the mountains with decent power up hills and no overheat problems.
robertj1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #4

recall

Have had the cable and valve replaced. Have Compass warrantee (came when bought new), and they paid repair, less the $200 deductible. I am happy with my motorhome. When I look at forums on other engines, all seem to have various problems. This MH has had only one recall since bought, and that seems to be in the minority of MH's out there.
Long Island Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Island Mac View Post
Have had the cable and valve replaced. Have Compass warrantee (came when bought new), and they paid repair, less the $200 deductible. I am happy with my motorhome. When I look at forums on other engines, all seem to have various problems. This MH has had only one recall since bought, and that seems to be in the minority of MH's out there.
Glad it all worked out for you. Kind of funny how the Navistar rv's got such a bad rep on the internet, yet most of us that have them haven't had a lot of problems with them. For us it came down to floorplan and the 2013 Monaco Diplomat won, with 2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD second. Seems like a lot of people really had a lot of trouble with the Schinteck slide system on the 2013 tours.

I woud buy ours again today knowing what I now know about them. Our only engine problem has been a faulty wiring harness.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Tour 42 my sister and BIL was fraught with problems - every time they took it out something broke. Seems theirs was a real lemon. My BIL would make a point of talking to any owners he found in their travels and evidently this was universal - he had never seen so many unhappy owners.

One guy said if he could figure out where the Winnebago CEO lived he would park his unit on the guy's lawn.

The traded it off for a Entegra. Much nicer coach. They lost more money buying and selling motorhomes than most of us spend in a life time buying one.

CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall