Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
360hp ISBXT fuel filter

I took my coach into Camping World for its first service today. It has a Cummins 360hp isbxt on a Freightliner Chassis. Much to my surprise, the service shop informed me they could not locate a fuel filter anywhere in the area, and had no idea how to locate one they could order. They even called Freightliner, and Freightliner could not help them find one.

Is there some sort of weird supply problem with these filters, or am I just dealing with an idiot?
Vulcangw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Red face

You know I hate to say it but the later may be correct. I have not had any luck with camping world. Get the serial number on the motor and call freightliner, cummins or even your local NAPA parts store. They can find or order you one. I still am a ways from changing oil and filters in my new Tuscany but will NOT be taking it to Camping World. I will either attempt to do it by my self or take it to MOIX RV in a town very close to where I live.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

By the way. Thanks for the info. I believe I will start looking for oil, fuel and air filters now, so I have them on hand in case I run into the same problem as you. Then I will attempt to stay ahead of the game by always keeping new filters handy..
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I carry 2 sets of fuel filters (primary & secondary) all the time in case I get a bad batch of diesel. If you read there are numerous occurrences of people getting diesel contaminated with algae. I would become familiar with your rig and know how to change. Mine are relatively simple and easily accessible.

If you do get algae, which shows up on the inlet side of the filter as a black slime. It will clog your filter and starve the engine of fuel. If this happens you can dose your furl tank with Biobor Algaecide or equivalent. I also use this if I'm going to store the RV for any length of time, say more then 3 months.

Good Luck
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I carry 2 sets of fuel filters (primary & secondary) all the time in case I get a bad batch of diesel. If you read there are numerous occurrences of people getting diesel contaminated with algae. I would become familiar with your rig and know how to change. Mine are relatively simple and easily accessible.

If you do get algae, which shows up on the inlet side of the filter as a black slime. It will clog your filter and starve the engine of fuel. If this happens you can dose your furl tank with Biobor Algaecide or equivalent. I also use this if I'm going to store the RV for any length of time, say more then 3 months.

Good Luck
Thanks for the tip about Biobor Algaecide. I was unaware.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:37 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Which fuel filter is it? The one supplied by Cummins mounted on the engine? Or, the second one normally supplied by and mounted on the Freightliner chassis?
What's the part number printed on the filter?
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
Which fuel filter is it? The one supplied by Cummins mounted on the engine? Or, the second one normally supplied by and mounted on the Freightliner chassis?
What's the part number printed on the filter?
I am totally ignorant about the system. Camping World never mentioned there was two filters. Camping World gave me the following as identifying the filter - "Baldwin BF1373 SP, WIX WF 10059, Fleetgard FS19798"
Old 11-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
My coach is mounted on a Roadmaster Chassis so it will be different as far as the mounting of the filters.

Both my filters are mounted rear of the engine, Primary is mounted on the left and Secondary is mounted on the right.

If you have Algae problems it will usually show up in the Primary Filter first. When I change filter during routine maintenance I inspect the filter and see if any contamination is present.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel