Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #15

Wow Quikduk, Our units are similar! I have appreciated your responses before, but reading this post.....I could have written it. I laughed out loud when I read that your Coolant valve broke off, as that happened to me in exactly the same way. Although I also had to use one of those chain (versus rubber strips) oil filter removers to get the old coolant filter off - the thing was quite disfigured by the time I finished, but did eventually come off.

I did not use the fumoto (sp?) valve replacement, but would have given enough lead time. I have read that these valves are very useful especially if you plan to have your oil tested to determine next proper change interval - rather than time or miles. My 1996 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser (Cummins 250HP C8.3), has seen nearly 125k miles (only about 6k by my hand in the last two years), and I have been really impressed so far with the engine and drivetrain - I think the previous owner was diligent on service. I am hoping for many more miles to come.

Brian
RBAJJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!