Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2019, 10:54 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthigh View Post
I just replaced all my heater and radiator hoses. I put in what was originally installed. Parker 7186 series. I ordered it from a Parker distributor directly. I figured if it lasted 17 years I’m good with that and the price was less than standard duty hose at local auto center. Also, NAPA makes a Gold Line that is heavy equipment rated. Our local Fleet pride carries the Gates Green Line that should be good as well.
A good question... Last year when I replaced the Hydrohot fuel lines, I did open up the center channel where all the hoses and cables/wires are laid into from front to rear. I have not opened it since then but I'll double check. Obviously it'll affect the length of the hose I am buying.

On edit: I just looked up the schematics on the heater hoses. It says "FRIGI-COOL SUPPLY LINES" in center rails (above I used the term "center channel"). Did a quick google on "FRIGI-COOL SUPPLY LINES", nowhere could be found as a type of metal line or any type of hard line. Only could I know for sure what it is when I open up the center rails.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2019, 12:23 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
After having 3 times in the first 2 years have the outside cabinet soaked in Antifreeze I wasn't going to just to sectional replacement. Would again suggest gate valves on the heater hoses leaving the engine so if a leak ever comes up you can shut the flow off and still drive. When our hoses were bursting we just didn't know which hose on the engine needed to plugged so we could drive the coach. One time we were down for 8 hours finding which of the many hoses were the one that was causing the leak.
Newmar Man
I really like the idea of gate valves.

Just read the heater hose schematics. It's quite amazing to know there are two loops parallel in the whole thing -

Loop #1 - start at top of engine - solenoid - front heater core - back to engine. Note coolant does not go through the radiator.
Loop #2 - top of engine - hydrohot - go through each and every heat exchanger/blower for interior - wet bay copper finned heater - water heater - go back to the bottom of radiator.

Heck, that's a lot of hoses. I might need 250-300ft of 3/4" hose
Old 11-22-2019, 05:53 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
When I replaced the hoses on mine I also added ball valves at the engine. I seem to recall that I had 3 lines at the engine. 1 Line had a Y fitting and split 1 hose going to front dash heat exchanger and 2nd hose going to the HydroHot Boiler Loop. and returns from both going to engine.
Are you sure on the Loop #2 description? On the HydroHot\Aquahot the engine loop only goes through the boiler. Then the HydroHot\Aquahot has it own system and fluid that circulates the fluid to each register. This is in PEX hose in Newmars.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #18
Community Moderator

Country Coach in that era used Hurricane Hydronic System, which doesn't have its own fluid and not isolated from engine cooling system, but the very same engine coolant; quite different than later years' "Aquahot" concept.

See below schematic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191122_070123.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	267608  
Old 11-22-2019, 08:23 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Oh. Did not realize it was a different system. That would be a major undertaking to replace hoses.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:42 AM   #20
Community Moderator

Yep it could be painstaking...

The way they designed I think it serves the purpose of engine pre-heating besides the domestic heating.