Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #15

Thank you to all that responded.

Based on this link http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/pdf...disposable.pdf and the measurements I was able to determine that the part number was AH1193. The only readable information off of the one I pulled out was that is was an ECO-SE but measurements proved it to be that model.

So for anyone searching this forum, 1994 Bounder 36J with the 5.9 230hp Cummins should have this air filter.
themalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I was able to determine that the part number was AH1193. The only readable information off of the one I pulled out was that is was an ECO-SE
Same Filter:
NAPA 6755
ECO-SE 114500-003
Cummins AF25541
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #17

Triker56,

This statement was never more true than now.....your mileage may vary. Engine life based on ingested dust varies with how fast the required dust ounces is passed through. Granted, avoiding dusty roads or operation in the Southwestern US will forestall the destruction. But places you think are not so dusty actually have more than we think.

When K&N states they can do 96%-99% making their product appear to be all you need, remember this, the air cleaner any engine needs must be 99.9xx% not 99% efficient. Recall my earlier posting, any filter that would fall into the 99% category would be considered a failure. If you are curious as to whether nor not you are in a dusting mode now, go to this website:
Zenfolio | http://spiresart.zenfolio.com/ | Diesel Intake Dust Ingestion These are photos I have acquired in my former professional life. If you display any of this even though you do not have higher blow by or increased oil consumption, you are looking at destruction in process.

For those with paper element air cleaners, all new filter elements pass some dust when first new. Each time you change the air cleaner, use a damp cloth to wipe the dust trails from the clean air pipe as far in as you can reach. You do this so that the next time you change air filters, you are looking to see the extent of a dust trail. You do not want to see as much as shows in my photo website. A very light dust would be normal. Heavier coatings are telling you that the element or whole assembly is failing you.

Engine oil analysis on engines experiencing dusting will show elevated levels of iron, chromium plus silicon from the dust. One time oil samples are wasteful. You need to be sampling your oil at every change in order to build a trend line in order that you can see developing trends in iron, chromium, and silicon.

Here is a synopsis of Cummins oil analysis guidelines for Midrange (ISB, ISC, ISL) models:

These are the Maximum Allowable limits.
TBN, Total Base Number, 2.0
TAN, Total Acid Number, 4.5
Fuel Dilution, 5% max.
Iron (Fe), 75 PPM
Lead (Pb), 30 PPM
Copper (Cu), 20 PPM
Aluminum (Al), 15 PPM
Chromium (Cr), 15 PPM
Silicon (Si), 15 PPM

It should be noted that you should expect to see Cr numbers in the low single digits as more normal. If Cr jumps just 2 PPM it is very significant in that chromium being a very hard metal it is difficult to cause wear to it.

Knowing this, you can see that a single oil sample is not enough information to determine if you have a dusting/wear situation unless the sample comes back off the "chart" above.
spike45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club

Thanks "Spike", I'm going to save that info and start doing analysis at the next oil change.
Still have the restrictive Farr-Ecolite on our ISC with Banks. Trying to find a better flowing unit to put on this fall/winter/spring.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins