Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2018, 10:41 PM   #183

I think he should walk into the shop, gather the techs/mechs around him and tell them they are a bunch of no good monkeys and Jethros who work for a worthless company. Get it out in the open instead of insulting them here.
It might clear the air and lead to getting the issue with his ISX repaired correctly.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2018, 05:07 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennzz05 View Post
That's one hell of a statement I'd love to see you back that up
What that they are a lousy outfit? That's easy! Red ink doesn't lie!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	earn.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	220933  
08Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:25 AM   #185

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Navigator View Post
What that they are a lousy outfit? That's easy! Red ink doesn't lie!
Mine is RED also, bought Cummins stock on 4/13/2018........down 11.46%
I am thinking your thread here did it Ron
Old 09-30-2018, 05:28 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
I think he should walk into the shop, gather the techs/mechs around him and tell them they are a bunch of no good monkeys and Jethros who work for a worthless company. Get it out in the open instead of insulting them here.
It might clear the air and lead to getting the issue with his ISX repaired correctly.
LOL...that would lowering my standards to their level...I am light years ahead and not looking back. I would much rather hit them in the wallet, it hurts much worse.

By the way, a few years back a large group of happy employees showed up at the annual stockholders meeting yelling about the cut delivered to them related to insurance...ask them how much they love their employer...Take a few minutes and Google Cummins Employee suits..you can read all about a wonderful organization. Might want to read up on how they have treated the RV owners, in particular me. Yep, they are wonderful....built me a engine that lasted 48,000 miles /1100 hours...and gave me an invoice for $300 to find slide out button and roll a tool box to the work bay...yep that's a great organization!

There is no air to clear, I will fix the Junker myself...they only reason it I had it towed to the Monkeys was to document mileage, lack of abuse and refusal to repair at no charge. I knew what happened before the tow truck arrived..,,a simple google search revealed all the ISX motorhome only run a few miles.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:38 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Mine is RED also, bought Cummins stock on 4/13/2018........down 11.46%
I am thinking your thread here did it Ron
LOL...well a stockholders suit to add to the red ink...Maybe we should short sell the stock...on a side note I really enjoy this site!
Old 09-30-2018, 06:43 AM   #188

Quote:
Mark, I hate to laugh...but what they told you is actually funny. I could believe that the variable feature of the turbo might seize from lack of use...but the turbo not spinning...unless your oil turned to concrete?!

In my opinion, statements like the one they made to you come from people whom are about to bend you over...well you have insurance so not sure it matters...but it still doesn't make it right to lie to people. I believe Cummins is a lousy outfit and will screw you in any fashion possible.

Just my 2 cents
Maybe they meant the vanes not the shaft. I can say that when I pulled into my site the turbo was working, I had some power. When I pulled out to get to the tow truck the turbo was not working.

I have experience with a Cummins dealer in CT and they have been ok. Better than the average dealer. The one in Conway so far have put out effort. If the quality of work matches I will be happy.

I know some service centers are owned by Cummins and some are independent. I look at like car dealers, we have one car that we bought new and it had a small issue, we brought it in several times and every time they said they could not reproduce the issue. So we brought it to a different, smaller dealer. They found the issue in less than an hour had it fixed the next day. The manufacturer also had a 50,000 mile service coverage (everything but tires) and the second dealer found several items that were not addressed.

So I try to be optimistic with big jobs, I ask questions and try to be a gentler squeaky wheel. Play the wounded bird a bit. But if I do think they will cause more issues than they fix I would send a tow truck in to drag it somewhere else.

I should know tomorrow or Tuesday the damage extent. I will let you know what they find.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 AM   #189

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
Maybe they meant the vanes not the shaft. I can say that when I pulled into my site the turbo was working, I had some power. When I pulled out to get to the tow truck the turbo was not working.

I have experience with a Cummins dealer in CT and they have been ok. Better than the average dealer. The one in Conway so far have put out effort. If the quality of work matches I will be happy.

I know some service centers are owned by Cummins and some are independent. I look at like car dealers, we have one car that we bought new and it had a small issue, we brought it in several times and every time they said they could not reproduce the issue. So we brought it to a different, smaller dealer. They found the issue in less than an hour had it fixed the next day. The manufacturer also had a 50,000 mile service coverage (everything but tires) and the second dealer found several items that were not addressed.

So I try to be optimistic with big jobs, I ask questions and try to be a gentler squeaky wheel. Play the wounded bird a bit. But if I do think they will cause more issues than they fix I would send a tow truck in to drag it somewhere else.

I should know tomorrow or Tuesday the damage extent. I will let you know what they find.
I am not a Gambler/Betting man Mark..........but I will take a wager on this
Will be interesting to hear what the shop find's and recommends........
Old 09-30-2018, 08:32 AM   #190

Quote:
LOL...well a stockholders suit to add to the red ink...Maybe we should short sell the stock...on a side note I really enjoy this site!

Ron, When is the small claims court case scheduled? You are going to file YES?

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:55 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Ron, When is the small claims court case scheduled? You are going to file YES?
Yes sir, filing for $12K..slight delay , when I went to file , the clerk asked if I had given Ten days notice to the defendant, stating that, although not required by law, this particular magistrate likes to see an attempt to settle prior to filing. So, I sent them an certified letter, waiting for my 10 days to lapse, then file. Keep ya posted on my indoor sports!
Old 10-01-2018, 06:45 AM   #192

On another note, out with the trash, in with the good stuff ...got my new valves, went with Inconel and Nitrate coated. Got new stainless injector sleeve as for #3 failed pressure test.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55967437824__C3D2B6A7-69D4-461B-B0D2-6B01B01592A2.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	221025   Click image for larger version

Name:	55967439154__B256615F-2C2E-4845-A1D6-A7A63D839595.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	221026  

Old 10-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #193

I would think for others interested I would post part numbers and where to purchase the updated parts. Help others making sure they also get the Good Stuff during their repairs

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #194

Quote:
On another note, out with the trash, in with the good stuff ...got my new valves, went with Inconel and Nitrate coated. Got new stainless injector sleeve as for #3 failed pressure test.
Are those the updated part numbers?
Old 10-01-2018, 09:16 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
08Navigator,

As far as the litigation, have you thought about searching the trucker forums for folks with the same issue. Would expect many more 600/650 ISX motors in trucks than motorhomes.

Also the truckers will push the motors much harder than RVers.

Just a thought.

I would like to join the class action suit. Can anyone tell me who is heading it up ?
dsavage74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #196

The have started the removal process.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181001_115622.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	221043

Tags
cummins, valve