Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #15

I started this most likely in wrong forum on here. Guess it should have gone into engine forums. If any of the moderators want to move this, please do.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #16

Spartan Chassis
My 2007 MADP 4528 Spartan K2 was throwing weird ERG codes. It turned out to be the nearby heater hose had a small leak and it sprayed the ERG area. You can valve off these two heater hoses at two gate valves on the left side of the ISM engine. Newmar installed soft hoses to the AquaHot and they are a known problem area in our age range of ESSEX and Mountain Aire products. Coolant and sensor/controls do not mix well.
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:28 AM   #17

Don't know where else to put this so maybe someone can help. Turns out after limping coach home, Cummins in Houston found Floyd's Truck service in Cheyenne jerry rigged a wiring harness for the differential pressure switch. They charged me over $2700 to fix my coach all the while keeping it for 9 days. They now will not answer phone calls about the situation. So, if you are ever in the Cheyenne, WY area, DO NOT use Floyd's Truck service. Or any of their other locations... They are not an upstanding business.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibypass View Post
Don't know where else to put this so maybe someone can help. Turns out after limping coach home, Cummins in Houston found Floyd's Truck service in Cheyenne jerry rigged a wiring harness for the differential pressure switch. They charged me over $2700 to fix my coach all the while keeping it for 9 days. They now will not answer phone calls about the situation. So, if you are ever in the Cheyenne, WY area, DO NOT use Floyd's Truck service. Or any of their other locations... They are not an upstanding business.

If you paid by CC, enter a complaint with the card company. Might force a dialog out of them. Or perhaps a reduction of charges.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibypass View Post
It's insurance against large repair bills. Mine is sitting at just under $3000!! Coach net would have picked up most of tab.
Coach Net has only recently added a "protection" plan to it's towing coverage plans. Many people don't realize they've branched out to offering the new plans.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #20

Thanks for the replies. I did start a process with cc company. Hopefully they can get something rolling. I'm also trying to get hold of WY state Attorney general office. Filed a complaint with BBB as well.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The CC company really has nothing they can do about it. You authorized the work, you paid for the work as per the agreement. The shop MIGHT reduce the charge but they can't be required to do so.
The BBB is worthless too as they SELL their ratings for the right price. Used to have a business, the called me one day and offered a good rating if I paid for it. Been several news stores/exposes about it too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #22

Coach Net does provide extended warranty services, you must meet certain criterea to obtain it on older MH etc
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #23

The cc company said they possibly could do something since what I paid for, I didn't get. Floyd's put what looks to be a home made pigtail harness on. (Cummins words, not mine).
Old 08-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #24

Update on the charges from Floyd's. They paid the bill Cummins sent to fix the wiring harness. Guess I'm satisfied.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #25

I had a 425 ISL that would do that but it was a 2009. That year they enclosed the engine so there wasn't a breather tube. I had two sleeves that were not round and was causing blowby around 15 psi in the crankcase and it would derate and would sometimes completely stop. Yours might not be this but I don't know what year yours is. Another place to look. Hope you find out what is doing this.
Steve Mosher.
Smosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:50 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeapBigEngin View Post
FWIW....I note that your address is Houston. Have you considered fuel filter(s) clogged from algae? It seems to be rather common in high humidity areas, and it can cause an intermittent issue such as yours. Would be easy to take a look to see....
Fuel starvation can cause some very odd faults indeed. It's a very cheap fix if it works and pocket change to what you already spent if it doesn't.

Just sayin'
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins