Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Yes, they haven't made computers with serial ports for over 15 years now and there are problems with USB to serial converters.
Thanks
I have been using serial to usb converters for years in the alarm business and not experienced any difficulties. it is the only way we can get into the fire panels with a lap top. they are available all over the internet at a very low price.

I just ordered a scan D from walmart. $112.00
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Pandk, do you know of anyone that has used this adapter in place of the SilverLeaf one?
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #17

Rexhall Owners Group
"Pandk, do you know of anyone that has used this adapter in place of the SilverLeaf one?

No I dont unfortuniately. I use the serial VmsPC so I never checked into the USB to serial converter. May have to when I get a new laptop without a serial port though.
PandK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins