Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
Mackwrench, all the data required for the new eLogs has been in scan tools for ever (at least 1996). It's the app on your phone that will be able to calculate the service / drive time. So, no new data, just a new app that meets the feds requirements.
That's correct, my point was that now, with the must use ELD, the data stream will be more accessible and meaningful for diagnostic use. Hopefully they'll be more apps, adapters, reader etc.... down the pipeline
Thanks
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #16

Not intending to hijack...where does one find the code list for Scanguage? There was one installed on my 2002 Diplomat that I just bought. I downloaded some alleged cummins codes off the internet. Cummins shop says those aren't usable codes and some codes that I'm getting aren't even on the list...but I can clear em with scanguage.
Mark and Anita - First Timers, West Tennessee. 2002 Monaco Diplomat 40ft, Cummins ISC330, Allison 3000, Amsoil Lubricants stem to stern, 2013 Ford Edge AWD TOAD with Roadmaster Falcon 2 and a Brakemaster
Md11fpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:09 PM   #17

I would ask cummins for a PID list of descriptions.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:39 PM   #18

All the Cummins DTC's can be found on quickserve , he's trying to get scangage codes to cross over to Cummins?
Old 03-27-2018, 07:54 PM   #19

I have a ScanGuage D but it is limited in its information.
I was at a Freightliner Svc Center a while back and the service guy had one of these mini readers. You download a free app for your phone, you plug this mini in your data port and scan and then print out a report of all active and inactive codes and all kinds of other data for you engine.
Check it out you may find this unit interesting. Here is link below

https://diesellaptops.com/Nexiq-Blue...?categoryId=-1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini reader.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	197046  
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #20

Have a 18 Spartan chassis with 605 K3 Cummins engine and the OTC computer scan connector is different and won't let me plug 9 pin connector in. Looks the same as we used on ISM engine but just won't plug in all the way. Did Cummins change the 9 pin connector for 18? Thanks Tom
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Have a 18 Spartan chassis with 605 K3 Cummins engine and the OTC computer scan connector is different and won't let me plug 9 pin connector in. Looks the same as we used on ISM engine but just won't plug in all the way. Did Cummins change the 9 pin connector for 18? Thanks Tom
Nope, should be a J1939 9-pin connector. The type of connector used isn't up to Cummins, it's a SAE across the board heavy duty OBD connector.

I've seen some areas where the connector is located that are hard to access/see under dash of a motorcoach. As well some cables has a "flange" around them that make it difficult to line up.

But I know of no connector/ cable change for 2018
Old 03-27-2018, 08:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
I have a ScanGuage D but it is limited in its information.
I was at a Freightliner Svc Center a while back and the service guy had one of these mini readers. You download a free app for your phone, you plug this mini in your data port and scan and then print out a report of all active and inactive codes and all kinds of other data for you engine.
Check it out you may find this unit interesting. Here is link below

https://diesellaptops.com/Nexiq-Blue...?categoryId=-1
That's a great tool, I've used it with the Cummins app. I'm a fan!

Works on all J1938 9 pin connectors, but not the J1508 6-pin connector...in case anyone here buys it, be sure of your OBD connector.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:26 PM   #23

Cummins info on it's "Guidanz" app says it only works on engines built after 2007. Will the "NEXIQ Blue" work with a 2002 ISC?
Mark and Anita - First Timers, West Tennessee. 2002 Monaco Diplomat 40ft, Cummins ISC330, Allison 3000, Amsoil Lubricants stem to stern, 2013 Ford Edge AWD TOAD with Roadmaster Falcon 2 and a Brakemaster
Md11fpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md11fpilot View Post
Cummins info on it's "Guidanz" app says it only works on engines built after 2007. Will the "NEXIQ Blue" work with a 2002 ISC?
The guidanz app maybe not, but you maybe able to use the Cummins fault code advisor app. I received information from Cummins a while back that they were no longer going to support it and migrate to the guidanz app, but I'm still using it.

Key for the Bluetooth to work is it has to be a J1939 9-pin obd connector.

I doubt your 2002 is. That's about the years where engines transition from J1508 6-pin connector to the now used 9-pin.

If by chance it is a 9-pin, you'll need to connect some sort of scan tool to it and see what datalink it supports. Some older 9-pin connector still used J1508 datalink.

Can you see the under dash connector fairly easy?