Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fault code Scangauge D

1999 Holiday Rambler
Freightliner XC chassis
5.9ISB 24V 275hp Cummins
MH3060 Allison

Let me start by saying that I have only had the Yellow CEL come on once and indicated "Low Water" on the dash light. Added coolant to radiator; fixed.

Since having the ScanGuage D for about a year, when I use the "Scan" function I always have a "1 stored code". Clearing the code only causes it to pop up again very quickly (< 1 minute). The code as displayed is:

#....ID....FM....CNT

The code does not cause any noticeable drive-ability issues.

Google is usually my friend but not with this one...

Can anyone ID the ID? I have figured out that the FM is "Low current or open circuit" I just can't figure out what the 23 is referring to. Since I cannot find any info for it for Cummins, is it possible that this could be a code for a different system such as the chassis?

One other problem and might be related. The Wabco ABS control box (ECM?) makes a clicking sound when parked more often than not (can't hear with engine running). It sounds like relay contacts opening and closing every 2 seconds. Switching the batteries off is the only way to make it stop. I wonder if the "23" code could be from the ABS while under way?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brian
Homey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131129_083345.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	50940

Found these tucked under the dash. Anyone know how to use them?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #3

As to your 23 code,I suggest you contact Linear Logic, the manufacturer of ScanGauge products, and tell them the fault code you have. They have helped me in the past on fault ID. their number is 1-888-433-5664. If you are clearing the code and it reappears, it is a real code and indicates some sort of problem.

As to your switches, I had the same set on my 98 Discovery. The switch labeled IDLE allows you to increase or decrease your engine idle. The Check Engine switch allows you to read Cummins fault codes through the Check Engine Light. I don't remember the procedure, but once set properly, the check Engine Light will flash the codes for you.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
As to your 23 code,I suggest you contact Linear Logic, the manufacturer of ScanGauge products, and tell them the fault code you have. They have helped me in the past on fault ID. their number is 1-888-433-5664. If you are clearing the code and it reappears, it is a real code and indicates some sort of problem.

As to your switches, I had the same set on my 98 Discovery. The switch labeled IDLE allows you to increase or decrease your engine idle. The Check Engine switch allows you to read Cummins fault codes through the Check Engine Light. I don't remember the procedure, but once set properly, the check Engine Light will flash the codes for you.
Thanks for your input and knowledge. I will give linear logic a call and see what they say about the fault code. At one time I found a procedure for using the switches but can't find it now. I have tried to hold the check engine switch while turning the key to on. The stop eng and check eng lights stay on until I release the switch. I think they should flash a code if one is stored. Nothing flashes. I assume there are no codes stored but the scangauge says otherwise?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #5

The only time I had a ScanGauge D fault code I also had a Check Engine Light. I can't remember what the code was, but it was real, and fortunately involved a low battery voltage condition. New batteries fixed the problem. Good luck.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Inquired with linear logic this morning. They said a fault code 23 is a generator low oil pressure switch open. I find it hard to believe that the QD7500 is tied into the bus for the chassis. I may be wrong.here. the generator isnt running at the time and does not have any codes stored or flash on its own indicator light.