Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Question Help: Boost gauge connection on engine (ISB 5.9 CR)

I am trying to locate where the direct reading boost gauge connects to the engine.

I had the engine replaced last year and the direct reading gauge was reading low while the computer value was reading correctly. While at Banks to have their system installed I had the technician see why it wasn't working. He told me that the engine installer had let the line lay against the exhaust and it was melted. He cut and plugged the line. I have located the cut line but can not find where on the intake side it was originally connected. I have searched the internet for a picture but haven't found one.

Thanks in advance.
John.
jpsageusa is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #2

If the line was melted on the exhaust manifold , was the boost gauge fitting in the turbo ??
If it was in the intake manifold , it would have been away from the exhaust manifold.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thumbs up Found It.

Found it. The comment about if it was melted that it would have to be on the exhaust side really helped. It is just before the big hose going to the intercooler. Just a mater cutting out the leak section and splicing it in. Let me know if anyone wants me to post a picture.
John.
jpsageusa is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine