RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
I installed the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel filter canister (clean side) using a Tork Tek snubber. This replaces the banjo bolt where the fuel line feeds the VP44 injection pump. The snubber is important to prevent gauge fluctuations and also helps increase the life of the sending unit. The added benefit of having a fuel pressure gauge on the clean side of the filter is like you said getting an indication of a clogged filter. It's just a good piece of information to have with a diesel and especially if you have a VP44 that will pull fuel from the tank in the event the lift pump quits and keep the engine operating without you knowing it while damaging your very expensive injection pump.
That's exactly what I used on my gauge. The torktek with snubber is great. No gauge fluctuations or jumping around. Kinda gives me a little piece of mind knowing the Injector Pump is getting plenty of fuel.

Chad

onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by onechaddude View Post
That's exactly what I used on my gauge. The torktek with snubber is great. No gauge fluctuations or jumping around. Kinda gives me a little piece of mind knowing the Injector Pump is getting plenty of fuel.

Chad
Chad

I kinda followed your lead on this one. Great tips and advice on gauge and snubber. BTW if you want to make any adjustments to your gauge let me know and I'll mail you the programmer wire and disk.

noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Chad

I kinda followed your lead on this one. Great tips and advice on gauge and snubber. BTW if you want to make any adjustments to your gauge let me know and I'll mail you the programmer wire and disk.
Noserider. Thank you very much for the offer. I'm glad it worked out for you as well as it did for me. As far as I know my gauge is correct and hopefully will not have to adjust. Thanks again for the offer.

Chad
Old 10-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Noserider. Thank you very much for the offer. I'm glad it worked out for you as well as it did for me. As far as I know my gauge is correct and hopefully will not have to adjust. Thanks again for the offer.

Chad
The adjustments would be different lighting options (background) but the one I wanted to control was setting the min PSI for the red light to illuminate. I set mine to 8 PSI. If you decide otherwise just PM me a mailing address.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #19

Quote:
The adjustments would be different lighting options (background) but the one I wanted to control was setting the min PSI for the red light to illuminate. I set mine to 8 PSI. If you decide otherwise just PM me a mailing address.
Ok. Well I wasn't sure what the settings were for. Guess I should've asked. I wondered how to change the colors and minimum PSI. I hate to take your cord can I just order one for myself or I can mail it back to you.

Chad
Old 10-21-2015, 12:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Ok. Well I wasn't sure what the settings were for. Guess I should've asked. I wondered how to change the colors and minimum PSI. I hate to take your cord can I just order one for myself or I can mail it back to you.

Chad
Chad the programmer consist of the software on a CD plus a cord to connect your gauge to your computer. I think it was around $30 bucks. I'm happy with the standard background lighting but thought it would be neat to have for so cheap and set my red low pressure light where I want it. It's probably more useful for all the other EV2 gauges that have tons of parameters you can change. Your call. Happy to put it in a Priority Mailer and you can mail it back. Pm me your address if you decide to play around with it. You have to remove a small piece of plastic on the back of the EV2 gauge to expose the plug for the programmer wire. More like cut the plastic but it was pretty easy.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...ss-r82003.aspx
Old 10-21-2015, 05:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Chad the programmer consist of the software on a CD plus a cord to connect your gauge to your computer. I think it was around $30 bucks. I'm happy with the standard background lighting but thought it would be neat to have for so cheap and set my red low pressure light where I want it. It's probably more useful for all the other EV2 gauges that have tons of parameters you can change. Your call. Happy to put it in a Priority Mailer and you can mail it back. Pm me your address if you decide to play around with it. You have to remove a small piece of plastic on the back of the EV2 gauge to expose the plug for the programmer wire. More like cut the plastic but it was pretty easy.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...ss-r82003.aspx
Noserider. Thanks again for the offer for the programmer. For that little cost I think I'll just order myself one. The time you send it to me and I send it back and pay you back I'd have close to half the cost anyway. And this way I don't have to inconvenience you. I appreciate the link to it. I didn't even know that the programmer was available.

The biggest thing I would like to change is the color cause it kinda clashes with my orange dash. Thanks again. Safe travels.

Chad
Old 10-21-2015, 06:17 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info.

It doesn't exactly say, but I'm assuming it's an electronic gauge/sender vs mechanical? (Can't really see running 40ft of tubing to the dash, and/or have it wash my lap with diesel fuel if the gauge leaks )
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Thanks for the info.

It doesn't exactly say, but I'm assuming it's an electronic gauge/sender vs mechanical? (Can't really see running 40ft of tubing to the dash, and/or have it wash my lap with diesel fuel if the gauge leaks )
Yes electronic.

Tags
fuel, install, led