Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
My 330 hp Cummins needs more Oooooomph!

Greetings all.....I own a 2007 Monaco Knight DFT with a 330 hp Cummins engine. I wish it were a 400 but it's not. Might anyone know how I can get more power from my unit?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Banks Power makes a system that can get you a few more horses. Just do an internet search and it will come right up. Good luck.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
You first need to determine the rating for your transmission and if it will handle the extra hp and torque. If it's one of the lighter torque Allisons, I seriously doubt it will.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
Greetings all.....I own a 2007 Monaco Knight DFT with a 330 hp Cummins engine. I wish it were a 400 but it's not. Might anyone know how I can get more power from my unit?

this is the only unit out there that iam aware of that will help
https://www.parleysdieselperformance...sel-pusher-rvs
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Banks Power makes a system that can get you a few more horses. Just do an internet search and it will come right up. Good luck.
banks no longer make anything for the isc and when they did it was only good till late 2002 era motor
Old 12-17-2016, 05:32 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
You first need to determine the rating for your transmission and if it will handle the extra hp and torque. If it's one of the lighter torque Allisons, I seriously doubt it will.

Lt. Dan, my tranny is an Allison 3000. When you say "rating" what do you mean? Is there a particular spec I need to look up?

Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:09 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

I own a 2007 Monaco Knight DFT with a 330 hp Cummins engine. I wish it were a 400 but it's not. Might anyone know how I can get more power from my unit?
Banks is your BEST unit but they no longer make a Power Pack for the ISC engine, only the ISB's.

Here is a link to a very good Banks article about their units.

Making Your Motorhome Better Than New

Here is another link to a search page from other iRV2 members with the same question.

How to get more power from a Cummins Diesel ISC 330

You could try the performance chip referenced in a previous post. However I tried a performance chip on my ISC 350 and it didn't work at all. Had it removed it and fortunately I got the LAST Banks Power Pack available in the country and had Banks in Azuza CA install it for me. BIG difference, very happy with the results.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ISC-350 Engine-02 .JPG
Views:	201
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	146877  
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:17 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

My tranny is an Allison 3000. When you say "rating" what do you mean? Is there a particular spec I need to look up?
You need to know maximum engine HP and Torque the Allison 3000MH can handle.

I went from 350HP with 1050 lbs of torque to 425 HP and 1250 lbs of torque when I installed the Banks Power Pack.

Here is the Allison 3000MH Brochure with those spec's.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:52 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I would first invest in a Scan Gauge D,about $150, it's plug ad play and will read out everything that your motor is seeing. Boost being one, you may have a problem with a with post turbo air leak. In your RV with the 1050# torque you should have enough power for your coach. As above check the trans to see if it will handle the extra before adding more. MP-8 is or power module, might call Brazels in Washington State for advice they do many motor up grades to see if it's a safe add for your coach. Also might drop down to the Monaco group and talk it there also, lots of owners of your like coach.

LEN
Old 12-17-2016, 09:41 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Allison 3000 specs are max HP 450, max torque 1,250.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
You need to know maximum engine HP and Torque the Allison 3000MH can handle.

I went from 350HP with 1050 lbs of torque to 425 HP and 1250 lbs of torque when I installed the Banks Power Pack.

Here is the Allison 3000MH Brochure with those spec's.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
the Allison he has is plenty of transmission why keep talking about banks?? Its no longer available and never did fit his motor in the first place the only HP upgrade that Iam aware of is the Digi CRTV Power Module
and they work very well. Being only 330HP there certainly not powerfull at all when all loaded up and pulling a toad
I see there is a unit called a MP-8 I have no experience with that one but it looks good and is cheaper than the DiGi system
do your DD on both and decide
Old 12-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #12

Digi and MP8 are, as mentioned, the two plug in type modules that are used the most.

The MP8 does have an optional Cockpit Control. So this could allow you to step back the power change if say on flat land stretches. Then turn the power up for hill climbing or obvious passing situations.

With either unit, I'd personally want to have an EGT reading available. Drive by that reading, then scale back the power increase as needed to keep the engine safe.

And yes, both MP8 and Digi are supposed to keep things safe for your. But that is a mighty expensive engine, so having EGT to monitor, and at the ability to step back the power, to me - would be a positive.

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Actually yes, Banks did make two setups for the ISC 330 or 350. Brought the 350/1050 to 435/1200 and was a worthwhile upgrade, then 330 was helped but not as much as the 350. New turbo housing, Ottomind (black box) wiring harness, boost and EGT gauges. I installed it myself on the '02 DSDP. Still not like an ISM but much better. The manufacturer of the Ottomind box quit making it or went out of business and there wasn't enough demand to bring it back.
iam very well aware of the system as I have owned and installed such
but as said there never was one that worked with the OP 2007 ISC 330 HP
Banks never made one for his year Motor
the Banks kits as I have already stated here were for 1998-2003 era only
Old 12-17-2016, 04:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Digi and MP8 are, as mentioned, the two plug in type modules that are used the most.

The MP8 does have an optional Cockpit Control. So this could allow you to step back the power change if say on flat land stretches. Then turn the power up for hill climbing or obvious passing situations.

With either unit, I'd personally want to have an EGT reading available. Drive by that reading, then scale back the power increase as needed to keep the engine safe.

And yes, both MP8 and Digi are supposed to keep things safe for your. But that is a mighty expensive engine, so having EGT to monitor, and at the ability to step back the power, to me - would be a positive.

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
I agree 100% on the EGT gauge its a must for sure

Tags
cummins