Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #1

No Wait to Start light, but check Trans

Hi All,

I was testing the outside lights, and with the ignition on but engine not running, put the trans in Reverse. No Revers ligths came on, so thought maybe the engine needed to be on. Turned of ignition, waited 10 seconds, then back on. No Wait to Start light came on, and it will not start.

I walked away for an hour, hoping things would reset. Then this time also unplugged the 120V power supply, which I had not done so the first time.

Still no Wait to Start light, and this time I noticed the Check Trans red light was on. (May have been the first time, did not notice...)

I also do not know if the first time I went over, and turned on the ignition to get the blinkers to work, if the Check Engine Ligth came on or not. Was not starting the engine, so did not look.

When I had it in Revers without the engine running, the R was blinking.

I can't get at my manuals, so looking for input on if I confused the Allison brain, which then told the engine to not start (No Wait to Start light)?

Any input on how to reset things is appreciated.

This is a 2004 Country Coach Allure, with ISL370, and Allison 3060 trans (know it's the 3000 series, pretty sure I recall it as the 3060).

TIA,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #2

PROBLEM SOLVED! Problem was Smitty!!! (The weakest link!) I remembered after our last trip, I had the engine compartment open to get the belt part numbers to order spares. I must have bumped the Emergency Stop Buba Button! Pulled it back out, and started right up...

Hope someone searching for a problem like this in the future, will remember the 'Smitty SNAFU' and check the button!

Best to all,
Smitty (LOL at himself...)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I'm glad it worked out.

I've never heard of this button. Where is it and what does it look like?
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #4

0n our Country Coach, it is just inside the engine latch. Big yellow Emergency Stop yellow button. Probably 2 1/2" wide... Push in to stop engine, I bumped it reaching in with my flash light to try and read the belt part numbers!

I've seen them on a few other coaches too, but don't know if all have them...

Yeah - I like problems that are not problems... And, I have no problem learning from my mistakes! (I learn lots of things!)
Smitty