Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #1

Oil fill question

Kinda of a stupid but i want to make sure since i am new to the 8.3 motor.
I am a little low in oil and wanted to add some is this the right location pic below. thank you

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbcobra View Post
Kinda of a stupid but i want to make sure since i am new to the 8.3 motor. I am a little low in oil and wanted to add some is this the right location pic below. thank you
Yes the engine would be a good place😗. But seriously I cannot tell by your picture where you mean. Maybe add an arrow?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
KIX

Oil goes into the small, about 1.25", cap that is just to the right of the large pulley in center of your photo.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #4

yea it is the fill cap to the right of the water pump pulley
Old 03-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You fill the oil by taking off the horizontal cap on the upper right side in your picture, right where that A/C belt gets in the way. Just to the right of the belt.

As long as the oil level is between the AAD and FULL marks you are in the safe operating range, and not necessary low on oil. The reason I say that is on the lot of Cummins 8.3 engines, mine included, the engine would push one or two quarts out the slobber tube and then stay at that level for the next 5,000 miles. If the oil was topped off to the full mark, it would repeat the same thing. Some dipsticks were slightly miscalibrated.

If this is a new coach to you, drive it as long as it is in the safe area, then see if the oil level continues to stay the same , or drops. I might be wrong on your particular coach, but it is worth checking out. Your toad and the back of your coach might be happy you did. When it blows out the slobber tube, it has to go somewhere. IE, back of coach and toad.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #6

thank you for the info. It is in the middle of the full and low line. ill see how it is after my trip tomm and see if it stays at the same.