Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
Will be going on the road mid month and will let you know if my problem is solved.
I'm still waiting to hear from greystroke to see if a new speed sensor fixed his problem.

Yesterday, I finally got our coach on the road again. I was planning on a short trip in September but our coach batteries went south just before that trip so we had to cancel. Anyway, the trip yesterday went without incident. It appears that the speed sensor was the one and only problem I was having.

When I started this thread, I didn't know how or even if I could read fault codes from my ECM. With help from several people, I ended up reading a current fault code from our driver's display console, discovering that it was a speed sensor error (fault code 115) and after learning where the speed sensor could be found on our engine, replacing the speed sensor. I'm a happy IRV2 camper! Thanks to everyone who helped me on this!

rsalhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalhus View Post
I'm still waiting to hear from greystroke to see if a new speed sensor fixed his problem.

Sorry my trip was delayed and we got back over the weekend. Leaving again tomorrow.

So far the codes did not appear on the last trip. In fact some of the spurious codes I had in the past did not re-occur. Looks like the sensor corrected a lot of problems for me. The engine does not lose power any more. Sorry for the delay, I just wanted to be sure.

TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ok, just got back from my second mini trip. No codes thrown so I am now confortable saying the sensor corrected my problem. Looks like my VMSpc has paid for itself.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #60

I believe you can download Cummins insite 7.5 and it has a seperate fault code reader. I have it but I have the Pro Plus license.I believe you can still read the codes with basic. All you need is a lap top and Inline 5 or comparable adapter. The download is free.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #61

Quote:
Ok, just got back from my second mini trip. No codes thrown so I am now confortable saying the sensor corrected my problem. Looks like my VMSpc has paid for itself.
greystroke, glad to hear that your new speed sensor fixed your problems too.

Exactly what the VMSpc's role was in replacing your speed sensor, I'm not quite sure. But if that's all it takes to justify the expense of the VMSpc to the DW, then where do I write the check? LOL

Quote:
I believe you can download Cummins insite 7.5 and it has a seperate fault code reader. I have it but I have the Pro Plus license.I believe you can still read the codes with basic. All you need is a lap top and Inline 5 or comparable adapter. The download is free.
Perry, I can't find any reference to Insite 7.5. What is it?

I see they're selling the INLINE 5 adapter for $795. I think I like the VMSpc route better.
rsalhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #62

https://insite.cummins.com/insite/downloads/index.html

Tags
cummins