Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Recall

Just received a recall, an emissions recall C2115. It apparently relates to the DEF system and catalyst. Anyone else get this and if so, what is the fix and how long does it take?

Nick
2114 Allegro Red 34QFA
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2019, 01:23 PM   #2

I assume a dealer must perform the recall. Might as well give them a call to make an appt and ask them what is involved.
Shouldn't make any diff of how long it takes as it should be a free service.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:07 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
We full time so the time of repair is important. Just wanted to hear the experiences others may have had. It is always best to know as much as possible when you go in for a repair.

Nick
Old 08-31-2019, 08:07 PM   #4

Good luck with that one. I've checked mine with Cummins customer care and 2 different Cummins ISL certified service centers and can't get a straight story. Seems like they have to actually get in there and disassemble the systems before they can tell what has to be changed, replaced or not. I get "could be a day, a week, or I don't know". Welcome to the wonderful world of exhaust systems designed for clean air rather than efficiency. Add that to DEF issues that no one can diagnose, fix or even deal with because parts aren't available and are occurring more and more frequently.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:08 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Cummins dealer did mine when I had it in for service in June. They have to drop the catalyst to see the serial number to tell if a replacement is needed and if so, which one. My dealer stocks one but not the other. Fortunately I didn't need it.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:18 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I received the same recall on a 2015 ISB but had already traded it. My son had the same recall done awhile back and they changed his catalytic converter. Took it in one day and got it back the next.
chuckftboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:18 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Finally finished dealing with recall. It took 2-3 hours to check the catalyst and I didn’t need to get a new one.

Nick
Old 10-01-2019, 01:03 PM   #8

We received the recall for a 2014 ISB. Dropped it off at the local Cummins shop (Altoona, PA). It took them about 10 days to get it done (they were swamped and I wasn't in a hurry).

They replaced some part of the SCR along with some clamps at no charge to me. They did ask if we wanted to update the engine/transmission/etc programming (which I did want to) and that cost was $125.00 for labor. It wasn't needed for the recall, but I was glad they asked.
2003 Country Coach Prevost #60479
2019 Ford F150 Toad
dwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
I had recall performed last week. Different recall # but sounds like same recall- replacement if needed of the SCR.
Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/cumm...gn-457396.html
Old 10-13-2019, 08:51 PM   #10

Just had mine completed last week. They have to remove the SCR, check serial, and if it falls within the list replace it. Most Cummins shops will not have the SCR so it has to be overnighted. Mine was and they installed the new SCR, resolved some DPF sensor harness issues I had (SPN3610/FMI4), and updated the ECM. All of this was done under warranty and completed in 3 days at Austin Cummins. Good group and work - my only complaint was lack of communication and no place to keep batteries charged (i had them run generator for at least an hour each day). I have not noticed any difference in power or fuel use.

Hope this helps!!

Tags
recall