Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #169

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by crad View Post
Working on my FASS pump mod, with a fuel pressure gauge install.
Have a question, do you think I should add a check value somewhere between pump and the tank? Now that the old lift pump is out of play and I know it had one on the out put side.
I did on mine, mostly because the pump is mounted at the tank, bought it from Summit Racing and its installed right at the tank before the 1st filter
https://www.summitracing.com/search/...0check%20valve
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #170

I understand why you did because placement. I putting my pump in the back between two the original filfter houseings and I'm not sure if they have any check value??? Does anyone know? Just want to do it right the first time.
crad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #171

Quote:
I understand why you did because placement. I putting my pump in the back between two the original filfter houseings and I'm not sure if they have any check value??? Does anyone know? Just want to do it right the first time.
There is a check valve at the primary fuel filter. If you will pull it out of the filter housing/mount you will probably find it it is stopped up with shredded plastic which came from the feed line. It is made into the connection fitting at the fuel filter housing. I just had to replace my hose and put a Fass T150G pump in in the propane/fuel tank compartment anyway. Since I had to replace the fuel line anyway I eliminated the two factory filters and ran the fuel line from the Fass pump mounted in the front to the injector pump . Keep the engine return line connected. But it at the return line at the tank and connect the return line from the Fass pump to it. Just hope I saved my Caps pump. Since it works perfectly at a later date I will try to post instructions on what I did with diagrams and photos. For the pump, filters and wiring that comes with it, and locally procured lines, fittings and Bosch 30 amp relay the cost was about $850. Push lock fittings made it relatively easy except for getting the hose threaded through the tunnel. On the Roadmaster chassis there is a rubber flap at both ends of that tunnel. Pry it away from the frame and cut the styrofoam to make a hole in the tunnel. I used a $10 wire pulling rod set from Harbor Freight.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #172

BTW, my floor was rotted out just above the water manifold is mounted so I had to restart the rod at that point.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:41 AM   #173

Sounds good, I'll check and clean out the filfter head when I get it all apart. Hopefully I want need to replace the fuel lines! Thank for the info, I'm hopping to use my OEM filters and heads.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:14 AM   #174

My factory primary filter housing had one built into the inlet side, if you are reusing that you should be fine. I would take the filter off and look up, it was nothing more than a simple spring loaded flap.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #175

Thanks for the info, one less thing to install. Getting ready to put in a fuel pressure gauge before I start on the pump mod. Got a lot wire to run from engine to cab. Only putting in FP gauge now but putting in wire for boost and EGT aswell. OH what fun...
Old 08-18-2017, 10:42 PM   #176

What rv do you have? I have been through a lot of the same and starting some more. New back up camera with 4 cameras. New Pressure gauge. New Samsung refrigerator because my old one went out.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #177

It's a 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire, 40ft with ISC 350.
With one of the smallest cars in the world in tow, a two door 2wd, 2000 Chevy tracker.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #178

Quote:
Thanks for the info, one less thing to install. Getting ready to put in a fuel pressure gauge before I start on the pump mod. Got a lot wire to run from engine to cab. Only putting in FP gauge now but putting in wire for boost and EGT aswell. OH what fun...
Glad to help, I feel your pain, I ran a 8 wire bundle up, a few extra for future use seemed like a good idea.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #179

Got my Fuel pressure gauge installed, tested at sec filfter and in cab reading 12 PSI in both locations.
Funny (NOT) FreiLiner had told me I only had 4/5 PSI out of the OEM lift pump. Still going to install my new Fass pump after this next trip.
I think full time positive pressure to the CAPS pump has got to be better!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #180

Quote:
Got my Fuel pressure gauge installed, tested at sec filfter and in cab reading 12 PSI in both locations.
Funny (NOT) FreiLiner had told me I only had 4/5 PSI out of the OEM lift pump. Still going to install my new Fass pump after this next trip.
I think full time positive pressure to the CAPS pump has got to be better!
Ill be curious how the coach runs after the install. Mine starts faster and pulls harder.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #181

Fass bypass pump #

Smitty77 could you post the # of the Fass fuel pump you used as a bypass pump? I have a 2000 350 ISC. Thanks
Old 01-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #182

I'll try to find the number I used. In the meantime check the inlet elbow to your primary fuel filter. It may have pieces of your fuel line stuck in it. The fuel feed line disintegrates and its innards wind in that elbow and adjacent check valve in the fuel filter mount/housing. Mine had the plastic slivers packed tightly in it.

Tags
need help