Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #1

Rusted coolant hose clamps

Recently noticed a small coolant leak on my driveway from my 2008 Damon Astoria with the ISB 340 Cummings. Crawled underneath and was astonished to find that a few of my hose clamps were rusted and that a few had actually separated. The problem with these original clamps is that they are a combination of mild steel and stainless. I changed ALL clamps with the all stainless steel type. Don't know if other years and makes of Cummings motors are the same but it's probably worth taking a look to prevent trouble on the road! Hope this helps others from possible breakdowns. Ken

2008 Damon Astoria Pacific Edition 3786
Ramairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Some clamps that claim to be stainless are only stainless on the band only. If you get the clamps from a marine supply place such as West Marine, the entire clamp is stainless, including the worm drive screw. Otherwise, worm screw is just coated.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:01 PM   #3

I had the same problem on my CUMMINS 400 hp ISL. The bottom rad clamp failed on the road and I lost all the coolant.

Not sure where you get parts for a CUMMINGS diesel. 😉
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #4

Sorry about the error. Would rather have the problem of mis-spelling a word than to have one of those clamps break on the road!!!👍

2008 Damon Astoria Pacific Edition 3786
Ramairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post

Not sure where you get parts for a CUMMINGS diesel. ��
I used to be able to get them from Bob when he had the TV show.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust