Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #15

Thanks everyone, Great info.. Well I tell the rest of the story. I did try diffrent scaners and had no luck pulling codes. I did replace the coolant level sensor. I thought it was fixed. Took it to dump the tanks aroud a 60 mile round trip. On the way back the light came back on and it derated. I desided to take it to the dealer. Tampa Frightliner.. Its been there a week. They also are having problems talking to the ECM. So i dont sell so bad i couldnt read it. But what is going on with my coach? Bad ECM? Will see what they come up with and i will make sure i will post the problems. Thanks every one...
lilblueduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #16

Could be bad connectors. Keep it simple. Hope the best for you. Mine will use 3 qts of oil and I get an engine light and sometimes if my fuel cap isn't on super tught it will show a fault. That ones always comes up as loss of contact with ECM-Trans sending unit. Actually found the cure on a Chevy Duramax forum.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblueduce View Post
Thanks for all the good info. The coolant sensor was bad. I cant beleve they put the engine to derate with a low water code. I can see a over heating code but not low coolant. I used a freinds cat software to check it. I guess i owe him one when he has problems with a cummins... Has any one figuerd out the code for the data center in the dash of a frightliner? There is a place there you can get engine codes if you had the codes to get into it. Thanks again every one...
The 'Code" is 8127
Old 04-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #18

The Cat diagnostic computer software is propriatary and only authorized Cat service outlets will have it. I had them read mine and got 6 full pages of data from the ECM-Amazing.
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too had issues with loss of power and lack of acceleration and had a very reputable local shop look it over, bottom line they could not even recognize a Cat data port, so do yourself a favor and get to a service center that specializes in Cat. I took mine to a Freightliner (FCC) center and they upgraded the ECM programing which fixed the issue like magic.
04Journey36G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, power