Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 07:09 AM   #1

C15 running hot little help please

07 Beaver Marquis C 15 still running hot on steep pulls. Cat dealer checked everything and no fault codes and radiator clean. Runs fine except on really steep pulls. Called last dealer who worked on it and they think fan is not keeping up with the heat. He wasn't sure?? If there was any adjustment or if there is something that controls the hydraulic fluid to the fan. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Headed to another Cat dealer in the morning.

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
07 Beaver Marquis C 15 still running hot on steep pulls. Cat dealer checked everything and no fault codes and radiator clean. Runs fine except on really steep pulls. Called last dealer who worked on it and they think fan is not keeping up with the heat. He wasn't sure?? If there was any adjustment or if there is something that controls the hydraulic fluid to the fan. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Headed to another Cat dealer in the morning.

Safe travels all
Beaver Ambassador Club has some real experts that can help.
Beaver Ambassador Club
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #3

Just thinking, have you changed the hyd filters. My filter housing tag (every 6000mi or 2 years). When I changed mine one filter was kind of black, need to change again along with the oil.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

Hey, Stroker. When you changed that filter, did it drain the system? Just wondering before I try to change mine.
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaTOne65 View Post
Hey, Stroker. When you changed that filter, did it drain the system? Just wondering before I try to change mine.
No the first time I just changed the filters but this time I will suck out all the oil in the housing then install the filters and refill with Dexron 3 AFT and do the same thing on the next change, I have 3 cases on hand.
Mine is like this one but different filters and o-ring
Hydraulic Oil and Filter Change
How do you like that new Beaver
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:19 AM   #6

C15 running hot little help please

Greatone, you probably have a spin on filter like mine rather than the filters inside the reservoir. When I changed mine no fluid came out, just make sure you have your replacement filter ready and the o ring lubed and remove the old one and spin on the new one. I write the date and mileage on my filters before installing them.

Steve and Jill
2005 Panther
23' Trailer
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #7

Thanks, Stroker, and you too, Slemnah. I got it changed, after the initial flush of oil it slowed down to a thin dribble, had to work around that, O-ring wanted to be a problem, but got it done. Slemnah, this change won't be hard to remember, being a new for me, everything is getting changed! LOL!
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote