Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. Yes, after purchasing it I drove back from Houston in Jan of 2007. Bought it from a private party who said he did not have the service records. Anyway, I took it in to Findlay RV in Vegas for a complete going over. Cost was over $2500 and I have the receipt for what was done. I have since kept up with the maintenance but don't think I have all the receipts because I have mostly worked on it myself with only a log of oil changes, etc. Guess I'm out of luck on insurance.
Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #44

any updates on the repair of your MH? Is it ready yet?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdmoore View Post
Sometimes it sucks to be right

How are you making out with your warranty company? I sure hope they step up for you and get it fixed quickly.
Well, hopefuuly repairs will start this week. Definitley a process !
  • Three pages of parts and supplies that need to be approved by Xtraride
  • New, complete C9s are not available from Cat. The service center will have to rebuild from the short block up.
  • I have been coordinating with Cat to assure warranties, Core credits, correct engine arrangements etc....
  • Last but not least, learned from Xtraride that they do not reimburse for Core fees. Since the block,head,crank,turbo etc.. are toast. I am responsible for these core charges($6-7k). There is no direct mention of this in the contract, not sure how solid their position is. They consider a core not to be part of the actual cost of a part, even if the damage is cause by a covered component. I am asking Cat for a "good will adjustment" on this engine (16mos out of warranty). WE will see...
Old 02-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #46

any news on your repair? I hope that you got the ok from the warranty company and that they were able to get you a new motor. Joe
Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #47

Repairs actually started yesterday. It will require rebuilding from a new short block. Complete Cat C9s are no longer made in the correct arrangement for my Fleetwood Revolution. The engine will have all new Cat parts from the crank dampner to the flexplate including ECM and Turbo. It will have a Cat 36 month overhaul protection warranty for parts and labor. The Warranty company is covering all except engine component core charges. These charges may be as much as $6-7k. I am still negotiating with Cat for the final allowance. I was surprised by non coverage policy of the Warranty company since core charges were not mentioned in the contract, not even in the small print! One funny side note: they also denied coverage for 12 spray cans of Cat yellow paint... Go Figure!!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #48

Sounds like you need my ex wife's lawyer Moe......Mo Money....
Old 02-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #49

My MH has been in the hospital since 12/8/11. Had to get the CEO's approval for the repair.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
My MH has been in the hospital since 12/8/11. Had to get the CEO's approval for the repair.
What engine and problem are you having?

Gil
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #51

About an inch of the #5 piston broke off for unknown reasons. New long block is in, but still a lot of work to do.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #52

So are this engines up and running yet ready for the season?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #53

Not yet. They still have to get the bad fuel pump inspected and probably some other stuff.

I called Friday and told them to the D thing done.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #54

Freightliner Owners Club
Come on already....it's been a month since the last post...what is the update???
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
Thanks for that information. i'll pass it on. Seems Ford has a patent on the oil filters so they work a certain way and no one can copy it therefore using any other filter voids your warranty. That's what they are saying.
What is the year/engine of your friends truck? What brand and part # for the filter did he use? Did he contact his filter company? Some filters carry their own warranty in case they are the cause of the damage. Mine do.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #56

I read on a Motorcraft®™ oil filter box yesterday that their filters have a Silicone© seal. I believe that it's already been established in either this and/or another thread that if they require you to use their product to keep the warranty in effect, they have to provide it free of charge.

Tags
cat