RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slemnah View Post
On my C13 I found out that there was an issue where essentially the ecm could self destruct and there was an update to cure the problem. It didnít change the parameters but it fixed the issue.
Can you provide more info on this? I have a C13 too. Was there anything notable about the engine operation - or did you just hear about this fix somewhere?

What year coach do you have - is there a CAT technical service bulletin out on this?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:54 PM   #16

C13 ECM Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Can you provide more info on this? I have a C13 too. Was there anything notable about the engine operation - or did you just hear about this fix somewhere?

What year coach do you have - is there a CAT technical service bulletin out on this?

Thanks
Mine is also a 2005 in a Safari Panther. This was a few years ago so I am fuzzy on the details but I believe that I found the information through Glen on the CAT RV tech line. (877-777-3126) I gave him my current software info and he was telling me about an issue within the ecm that could cause an issue and failure of the ecm. I am racking my brains to remember the conversation but needless to say I went and had an update done. I have a KCB engine and the software update number is 3411502-00 dated Dec 08. My original software was 2912048-00 and there had been 6 updates between them. When you have the latest update done it includes all the previous updates.

I would suggest that you call the Tech Line to ask them about it. If you find out please let me know so I can stop racking my brain.

Steve

slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I need to check mine too. Nothing since 2008, then?

Steve
2005 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slemnah View Post
MI have a KCB engine and the software update number is 3411502-00 dated Dec 08. My original software was 2912048-00 and there had been 6 updates between them. When you have the latest update done it includes all the previous updates.

Steve
How do you know the software installed? Are you reading this through a scan tool?

All I have is the data plate on the engine - but I don't know if any updates where ever done by previous owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT Engine Data plate.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	238037  
Old 03-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
How do you know the software installed? Are you reading this through a scan tool?

All I have is the data plate on the engine - but I don't know if any updates where ever done by previous owner.

I believe that you must have a certified CAT dealer run a report on your ecm to see what software is in it. Someone please correct me if I am incorrect
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To answer your question Altopher (Cat Svc) just upgraded my 2007 C7 software when I had the turbo replaced. Now I have the DP at Allison because it is showing an error message indicating communication problem. Hope it is nothing more than update. Waiting on call now.

She ran great before the upgrade and still runs fine.

Hope this helps - Richard

Tags
advice, cat, engine