Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #15

k guys I thank u all very much. I now have a better understanding on a few things.
daddyo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #16

hey guys. well we are in Anaheim Cal. we had the usual hard start and ruff idle every morning so I called the Quinn Cat. dealer in Industry Cal. and set up an appointment for as soon as we arrived in Cal. we were staying on their property from 2:30 Tuesday and finally left about 11:00 Thursday. they changed the pump and a sensor, $2271.00. it is worse now then before. I've only started the unit cold once since the work was done. before when I said hard time starting I meant it took about 5 to 10 seconds to start. now I crank it for about 30 seconds, stop and wait for a few minutes. then try again, then wait before trying one more time and then it started and yes of course it was rough. I plan to crawl under the unit and get to the engine area and look for a possible fuel line problem. I have not smelt diesel but if there's a leak before the pump this could be a very bad thing.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:14 AM   #17

all is good

well after all is said and done I made the repairs myself and all is well.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyo55 View Post
well after all is said and done I made the repairs myself and all is well.
What was the problem.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyo55 View Post
hello. 2004 Newmar Kountrystar with a 330 cat 3126e. been having problems with rough idle when unit first starts up. I've already changed the oil and filter, the fuel filter and air filter and it still idles rough when cold. I am quite sure the problem will be the pump, can anyone tell me where the pump is? also does anyone know what if any difference there is between a 3126e and a 3126b engine is. thanks, Gerry.
Is your air intake heater working? This is to help cold start. There should be a light on the dash showing when it is on or off. The heater will be on at initial startup at these temperatures, and remain on until water temp, intake air temp, or time shuts it off. If either temp sensor goes bad, it can effect the air intake heater operation. Also the relay for the intake heater can malfunction and shut the heater down. The heater itself rarely fails.
charldk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
What was the problem.
2 stroker
Ya, least satisfying thread EVER....
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #21

I had to replace the heui pump on my C7 because it was loopng intermitenly, like blla-blla-blla like it was missing. When i idled it up it went away. No codes at all. I had my guy look at it an he ran a diaganoses and the pressures were fine. He said if it ain't broke don't fix it. But he did want me to use nothing but 15-40 and no additaves. Well next time to a Rutgers football game when we started to leave it did it again. I drove it home and on the way it went into limp mode so it showed a code. Thats when we changed the heui pump. My cat guy works on big equiptment and realy knows his stuff, oh did I mention that I love him.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat