Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

Hydraulic Pump...3176b

Hi all
As I was crawling under the MH today(and Ive noticed it before), it seems I have a slow(very slow) drip from my hydraulic pump assembly. It looks to be more of a seeping than a drip but it does crud things up on the underside. I tried tightening the bolts I could access with negative results. I have also checked my hydraulic fluid and its not low other than maybe a pint and its been seeping for more than a year. Oh...my question, how difficult would this be to remove, rebuild, add a gasket and or Stop the seeping? Is there a possible seal within that could be treated with an additive to the fluid to rejuvanate the seal? Any and all comments would be welcome. Thanks

It is not coming from the hoses or fittings, seems to be more on the bolts or the metal on metal area.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Which hydraulic pump are you curious about as there are several possibilities?

BigSkyBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #3

Your right, after posting I figured I wasnt to specific! Its the gear driven engine pump right under my compressor pump. Im making a rather large assumption by following the largest hose from my hydraulic reservoir which attaches to this pump which then has a couple of smaller lines coming out. For sure its NOT the hydraulic Jack pump...my Cat has a hydraulic engine cooling fan, so Im again assuming that the pressure required for that derives from this pump Im describing.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That sounds lovely like the compressor pump on my 3126b and you gave to be very careful when tightening it down as the pump idouhted to a bracket and the bracket is bolted to the engine. Mind was replaced somewhere two months before I got the rig and they didn't put in the correct spacers. The bracket cracked and it started leaking and since they no longer made that unit, I had to buy a one piece one that was more expensive than the original.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote