Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

replace 3126B huey oil line

Has anybody found a wrench that will work to remove the oil line from the heui without dropping the air compressor,pto and pump beside the unit.This is on a 2001 4095 dutch star,freightliner,330 hp.Looks like only 2-3 inch gap to work wrench to loosen fitting.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #2

I think we're having the same problem, Oil Leak ?
If the line your talking about exits the back of the housing, below a solinoid and behind the compressor head, changes through a 45 degree fitting then goes to the side of the cylinder head.
My oil leak started on the road , I picked up a 19mm open end at a yard sale then ground it to fit, tightening the nut stopped ( slowed ) the leak for my trip home. Toad is a mess.
I believe the line is a high pressure fuel supply to the head, and I'm looking into what it would take to remove the solinoid for better access or taking the rest of the tube off to get at the nut with a deep socket.
I'll tag along here to see what answers you get and keep you posted on everything I get for info. A friends son works at a Cat industrial shop so I have him looking for manuals .
Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #3

Info on another post that may help you.
Page 2 of the Cat forum
Post " Cat Pictures "
by Swampdog
Reply # 10, By " Cat "
Pictures and diagrams of Cat engine, shows with fuel filter mounted on engine , but may be some help.
Found out the part I thought was a fuel shut off solinoid is called ; IAPCV ; Injection Actuation Pressure Control Valve.
Cat, speak.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #4

That oil is what is driving your injector pump,3/4 fit the top fitting.I just barely can get to the fitting going into the pump.I'm going to get flare wrenchs to start grinding on.I ordered hose this morning from cat dealer and there are o-rings there also.If I come up with secret without dropping all that gear I'll let you know.Proto has a 12 point ratcheting flare wrench that looks like it might work but it's 4 days away on line.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #5

I had , Snap - On 3/4 " open end with 30 and 45 degree angles compared to the normal 15. But refused to grind on a $75 wrench.
I think we're talking the same line , threaded with a jam nut and washer??
I'll try and post the picture I sent to my friend.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #6

I went to the THROW AWAY STORE harbor freight and got a 3/4 flare wrench.I had to grind most of end and center section to get it over nut and where I could move it.I got a turn enough to loosen it and will wait till I pick up parts tomorrow before I go any farther.My forehead looks like I've been in a fight.It skins me up every time I get my head thru all the stuff I can't move.If this works it will save a lot of work.I had to remove muffler and air breather just to get this far.Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day if it warms up.Frost this morning and again tomorrow,in fl.

Tags
replace