RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Which service schedule

I would like to know from the members that have an older RV which service schedule do you follow the old M 1, 2, or 3. or the new schedule. I havenít done a totally line item comparison but the new service schedule appears not to cover all the service on the M series.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2018, 05:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
2009 CAT C7 I follow the older ones

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=sdennislee;4196051]2009 CAT C7 I follow the older ones[/Q

I am leaning that way also,
Old 05-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I downloaded the CAT Manual and printed out the service schedules, put in in a binder. When I go in for service I give them the book with the older schedules in them and ask that they follow them.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #5

Using the new ones. All my service is done at FCCC in Gaffney, so that is the schedule they use. Working out ok for me,
Old 05-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
I downloaded the CAT Manual and printed out the service schedules, put in in a binder. When I go in for service I give them the book with the older schedules in them and ask that they follow them.
I am found a old file that still had the M service schedules, I am going to do like you are doing when I go for the next service. Just print it out and highlight the schedule that I want done.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #7

Join Freightliner and the 24/7 download app has all the schedules on your phone. Go to Gaffney if you can and also tour the plant for free. I ve tried to get in the school for 2 years and no luck. But, all those mechanics know there stuff. Only wish the cg was a little nicer, 7 days was a little dusty.
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDTN View Post
Join Freightliner and the 24/7 download app has all the schedules on your phone. Go to Gaffney if you can and also tour the plant for free. I ve tried to get in the school for 2 years and no luck. But, all those mechanics know there stuff. Only wish the cg was a little nicer, 7 days was a little dusty.
Thanks for the post, I have been a member of Freightliner for sometime and have the app on my phone. I went to Camp Freightliner a couple of years ago and Mike gave me a lot of information on my RV. Since then I have had the engine replaced that was why I was wondering which schedule to follow.

Don't quit trying to go to Camp Freightliner, you will get a lot from it. Mike is one fine instructor

Tags
service