Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #15

Thanks for all info but, should have explained other facts. Trans. shifts great in all gears and at the right speed etc. fluid level is fine and I don't believe anything needs adjustment. At 65mph in standard mode it is still in 5th. gear and will not go into 6th. As soon as I push economy mode select it shifts to 6th. and everything is fine. I am thinking it is more an electrical problem then mechanical. And not sure where to start looking for problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookra1 View Post

Thanks for all info but, should have explained other facts. Trans. shifts great in all gears and at the right speed etc. fluid level is fine and I don't believe anything needs adjustment. At 65 mph in standard mode it is still in 5th. gear and will not go into 6th. As soon as I push economy mode select it shifts to 6th. and everything is fine. I am thinking it is more an electrical problem then mechanical. And not sure where to start looking for problem.
Are you the original owner and has it always been this way since owning the coach? Or is this something new that has changed recently?

What happens if the ECON Mode is pushed when you first start up the engine and left there, will it use all 6 gears?

If so it sure sounds to me like a programming issue.

If you're not the original owners it's possible that the previous owner had it programmed that way.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Are you the original owner and has it always been this way since owning the coach? Or is this something new that has changed recently?

What happens if the ECON Mode is pushed when you first start up the engine and left there, will it use all 6 gears?

If so it sure sounds to me like a programming issue.

If you're not the original owners it's possible that the previous owner had it programmed that way.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Quite true on the original owner point. I had my MH3000 reprogrammed so it defaulted to economy mode. I now have to select "Mode" to change to the (what I call) Performance mode.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #18

Have had this coach for five years and it started this problem about a month ago or the last couple times out. Never before not shifted to 6th. in normal mode. Works fine in economy mode, bothers me when things are not working the way they are supposed to.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookra1 View Post

Have had this coach for five years and it started this problem about a month ago or the last couple times out. Never before not shifted to 6th. in normal mode. Works fine in economy mode, bothers me when things are not working the way they are supposed to.
In that case I would get it to an Approved Allison Repair Center to let them figure out what's going on with it.

Sales + Service Locator

These transmissions are bullet-proof. There isn't much that you can do to destroy them unless you use the wrong fluid or not enough fluid.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #20

I have I believe a Allison 2700 2007 monaco. Just got the unit and couple questions. I push the mode button but can't get the light to show Econ mode? Burnt out light or needs reprogram? I have only had it up to 57 mph but will not shift into 6th? I have read that some coaches have to hit as high as 65 before 6 gear. I'll try next time out to accelerate till shifts to 6th. Also I was surprised that while I was at 57 mph I couldn't manually up shift yo 6th? Also next time while at 57 mph I'll try pushing mode button and as I understand it it should shift to 6th if it is in econ mode.

Hurk
Hurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 PM   #21

To the OP, the Allison programing wants to see a certain RPM, for the throttle position , if there is a problem with the engine achieving that RPM , at the throttle position, it wont shift. A partially plugged fuel filter that restricts RPM could be the cause if this is a new problem, on a coach you've owned for a while.
If this is a new to you coach, then there are other possibilities; as other members have stated in their posts.

Edit: sorry I missed post 18,where you said 5 years of ownership, if the fuel filters haven't been changed , that's where I'd start.

Tags
allison