RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #85

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Della View Post
I have a 2006 Dutch Star. On my last trip this summer I had the transmission lock in 1st gear on 4 different occasions. I was stopped and then started up a small hill. To get it out of 1st I had to turn the engine off and restart it.
It worked fine until the next time I was stopped on a small hill. Researching on the web I think it is the speed control module that is the culprit. Assuming that is the problem what kind of a cost should i be expecting. I have read some horror stories about being charged 3 or 4 times higher than what it should have cost. I have a little over 50K miles on this unit. I plan on taking it to a Allison dealer but am worried that they will recommend a lot of unnecessary work and I am open to any suggestions from anybody.

Thanks, Phil & Della
I paid $119 incl tax for the sensor. Took me about 5 min to change it. Take a 13 mm wrench and something to depress a lock on the connector. Flat screwdriver worked.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #86

gemert

Without using a gauge, put your transmission in 2nd gear and go drive. You will have a 1C-2C shift then the next shift in 2nd would be lockup. If you do not feel a bump in 2nd, then you probably have a lockup issue. Hope this helps.
Have a great day!

Allisonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #87

Della

Please turn the ignition on, press both up and down arrows at the same time. If it come up OL-59 (means you have an oil level sensor to check oil level) then press the two arrows at the same time again. You will get a D1 and then 2 numbers. These will be the code(s) that logged when this happened and we should be able to find out the issue. Once you have written down code D1, press the mode button once and you can see what is in D2 if there are more than one code. D2 just stands for code #2. Keep checking until you see -- after the D. I will check Monday.
Good luck and have a great day!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #88

RKins

Hope this works. Including wiring schematic for WTEC 3if you have one red display on your shifter. Let me know if you have 2 green numbers on your display, WTEC 2
Old 09-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #89

RKins

ex b.pdf
Old 09-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonman View Post
Hope this works. Including wiring schematic for WTEC 3if you have one red display on your shifter. Let me know if you have 2 green numbers on your display, WTEC 2
I have 2 numbers on my display, monitor and selected (I think it says that).
Thanks for the drawing.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #91

Allison 2000MH TCM question

I've got a 2004 Monaco Cayman with an Allison 2000MH and 29537441 TCM (5-speed) that is dead. Need a replacement. Local Allison place can flash the replacement, but cannot sell me one. Any idea where I can get one of these? Thanks.
mikeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #92

Mikeduck

Any Allison Distributor can get one. They are rebuilt now and they have to have your core back. Part number is R29542725
Old 09-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #93

To All

I will be having knee replacement surgery this Tuesday so I will not be answering any questions for 2-3 months. Sorry folks, the results of 40 years working on my knees on Allison Transmissions. I will get back to answering once the drugs wear off LOL.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:45 PM   #94

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Good luck with that surgery Iím sure you will be better than ever
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #95

Good luck on the surgery and thanks for all your help.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #96

I'm having an issue with what I would describe as a "shifting logic" issue. Driving in mountainous conditions I have had the following issue: Coming off the downhill side of say, a 5% grade (with the Engine Brake on) my speed approximately 40mph, rpms approximately 1500 to 1700. I am approaching a level section of the road so I turn off the engine brake and now encounter another rise in the road so I feed in the throttle in preparation for the climb and the engine will not accelerate beyond 1700 RPMs (Transmission is showing "6" gear in the left window and "5" in the right window). I release the throttle then feed the throttle back in and the engine accelerates back to 1700 RPMs but will not go beyond 1700. After pumping the throttle 3 or 4 times, it finally accelerates to 2300RPMs and engine power is back with the transmission shifting normally. It seems to me, that what I am seeing is that maybe the transmission needs to shift to a lower or maybe a higher gear and the shift logic imay be the issue. What do you think?
krudawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #97

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Allison Tech for 40 years

What Iím interpreting is itís a 6 speed because of the 6 in the left window as you say and you must have manually downshifted to 5th(did you)because of the 5 being in the right window that Iím pretty sure of. As for as the rpms Iím thinking possibly it wasnít ready to shift down yet but by the time you kept pumping the throttle you may have been on the uphill approach it sounds like and it finally downshifted again bring the rpms up. Just my thought. Did you observe what number was in the right window when the rpms went up? How is it performing now?
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:57 PM   #98

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I paid $119 incl tax for the sensor. Took me about 5 min to change it. Take a 13 mm wrench and something to depress a lock on the connector. Flat screwdriver worked.
Took me two trips to Ridgefield WA to get the correct speed sensor as they listed two, a straight or 90į connection. Naturally they only had one and it was the wrong one. They had ordered some in July but they hadn't come in. Some "interesting" interaction in the parts dept that should never have been seen by a customer too.
Anyway after the interaction they did find the part in a warehouse near Portland OR and had it delivered in about 45 min.
Got it home, installed it and now the trans works perfect.
Now I'm getting a VGT error. Sure hope my turbo isn't going bad less than 5,000 miles after having a new one installed.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allison