RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:52 PM   #113

How do I call Allison? Im at an Allison service center in Ridgefield WA, afraid the 3rd MD 3060 in 20,000 mile is required! Help!

Cat568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #114

Bulletproof? Doesn't seem so to me. New MD 3060@69,000, 2nd @ 74,000

And now, at 80,000, at service center. Trans won't go into gear.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #115

I'm nearby. Can I stop in?
Old 10-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I posted earlier in the thread that I paid $90 for the sensor. So maybe I should repost that they could pay $90-119.
Mr D? At Ridgefield WA now. Help please.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:50 PM   #117

Aha! Tachometer jumps

So after reading a LOT of posts about not going into gear related to rpm, I watched tach awhile and it was jumping around! Never did that before! So after a new tranny from Pacific Power Allison in Ridgefield WA at 69k, and ANOTHER at 74k, now at 80k, Pac Power sent me to Western Star, right next door. It seems fishy to me... but I'm a very suspicious person. I feel like W S is going to tell me I need another transmission. It would ruin us. Be good for Allison and Western Star though. The reason we're in a motorhome, I got diagnosed with lung cancer, after radiation treatments got sick. Had to quit logging. Dr's asked what are your plans? Told them I'd work till I couldn't climb up in my machine. They suggested it would be better to spend this time with our family. We have grandchildren in Spokane, Moses Lake, Longview, and Ocean Park WA (pretty convenient, all in WA). So we searched a long time, found just the one with a new Allison trans. Only thing I probably can't repair. I was a pretty good mechanic in the service.Told my wife "That transmission will far outlast both of us" Here we are. But, for the last 6 months, grandparents paradise. No kidding, I Am in heaven. Went from one to the other, 7-10 days with each. No matter what they tell us tomorrow, it's been great. Hope it continues. Thanks for listening to my off topic stuff. Allison Man, help.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:01 PM   #118

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat568 View Post
Mr D? At Ridgefield WA now. Help please.
What help are you needing? I live about 15 miles from the service center you're at.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:01 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
What help are you needing? I live about 15 miles from the service center you're at.
Troubleshooting. But probably too late to self diagnose. Parked just outside of gate. 7 a.m. appt for diagnosis of wont go into gear, although display says it does. No movement in any gear. This is 3rd tranny, one at 69k, next at 74k, installed next door at pac power. Worried they'll say "you need a new reman." Cant afford it. Funny, Pac Power sent me here?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #120

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Troubleshooting. But probably too late to self diagnose. Parked just outside of gate. 7 a.m. appt for diagnosis of wont go into gear, although display says it does. No movement in any gear. This is 3rd tranny, one at 69k, next at 74k, installed next door at pac power. Worried they'll say "you need a new reman." Cant afford it. Funny, Pac Power sent me here?
Really strange to have so many problems with an Allison at such low miles. I'v never had a problem with any of the three I've had over the last 18 years.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat568 View Post
how do i call allison? Im at an allison service center in ridgefield wa, afraid the 3rd md 3060 in 20,000 mile is required! Help!
1-800-252-5283
dbarton291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Really strange to have so many problems with an Allison at such low miles. I'v never had a problem with any of the three I've had over the last 18 years.
I told everyone it would outlast both of us easy. And strange yes. No vibration at all while driving. I've run machinery my whole life. Always very good at detecting small vibration or noises. Nothing in this. Not even a tiny bit. Believe me, I try to hear/feel everything abnormal.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #123

Another burnt transmission

Well, 4th trans (3 in 20k) and no one knows why. Kind of a ruinous blow for us. Allison wants to blame Monaco, or Cummins. They're trying ride height (think I'd have felt a problem there. Vibration or something. And seems like that would have done different damage. Seals, leaks, bearings) Engine diagnostics. They said "We saw a Cummins with a miss that took transmissions out. See it all the time". Hmph. Or input side problems. Also would do different damages, or leak. Maybe.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #124

Quote:
Well, 4th trans (3 in 20k) and no one knows why. Kind of a ruinous blow for us. Allison wants to blame Monaco, or Cummins. They're trying ride height (think I'd have felt a problem there. Vibration or something. And seems like that would have done different damage. Seals, leaks, bearings) Engine diagnostics. They said "We saw a Cummins with a miss that took transmissions out. See it all the time". Hmph. Or input side problems. Also would do different damages, or leak. Maybe.
As in a cylinder missfire ?
Old 11-20-2018, 01:24 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonman View Post
I have been strictly an Allison Tec, manager, Allison rep and now outside sales for 40 years. I used to answer questions before about 15 years ago but became quite busy in my job and lost track.
I have come here to try and lend my expertise to RV owners who have questions about their Allison Transmissions. I really enjoy helping out so please if you are having an issue with your Allison, please leave me a question. I try and check in every other day so please be patient. Thank you and "Have a great day!"
great to have a well-qualified Allison tech to ask ..i have 1993 Spartan chassis with 5.9 diesel and allison 6 speed transmission. push button shift selector does not want to shift into drive ..unless i push down and hold it for up to 10 seconds . it shifts into reverse and neutral quickly.
look forward to your reply , and would you know where i could find a repair manual for this transmission. thanks.
Dennty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #126

2002 Monaco Executive, 500!SM, allison 4000. No Tranny oil temp gauge.

I haven't had this rig very long, and have found some things oddly lacking. One being an oil temp. gauge for the Trans. I have water temp, engine oil temp, and turbo psi....but for such a beast, it sure seems a tranny temp gauge would be logical.....HOW HARD to ADD one ????????..Id like a pyrometer too...but that's another thread....LOL

azroper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allison