Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #267

What is this code??

2000 Fleetwood Discovery.

This is the code I got when I pushed both up and down buttons at once. Can anyone tell me what it means and if it needs attention?

When I first push the arrow buttons at the same time....I get what appears to be a lower case "o" and then "L-70" and then again what appears to be a lower case "o" ..... then the" L-70" again...

It keeps cycling like that until I again hit the two arrows to return it to normal mode.

Thanks in advance!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det57 View Post
2000 Fleetwood Discovery.

This is the code I got when I pushed both up and down buttons at once. Can anyone tell me what it means and if it needs attention?

When I first push the arrow buttons at the same time....I get what appears to be a lower case "o" and then "L-70" and then again what appears to be a lower case "o" ..... then the" L-70" again...

It keeps cycling like that until I again hit the two arrows to return it to normal mode.

Thanks in advance!!
That's not a diagnostic code. You've entered the oil level check using the oil level sensor in the sump via the shift selector. OL -70 means the sump is too cool for the reading to be accurate.
Search online for Allison oil level sensor instructions and you will find what all the readings mean.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton291 View Post
That's not a diagnostic code. You've entered the oil level check using the oil level sensor in the sump via the shift selector. OL -70 means the sump is too cool for the reading to be accurate.
Search online for Allison oil level sensor instructions and you will find what all the readings mean.
Thanks DBarton. Its good to know its not a serious code. I will check out that site. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:07 PM   #270

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Alison 2500 with Arens controller

I posted this thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f125/alli...er-466353.html

I have not received any replies. I am adding a picture and hoping that someone will here will have some insights. Notice that the Arens controller on left shows 3rd gear selected and currently in 4th. On the Silverleaf display the blue display with 4 4 at the top of column 3 says that the Allison is reporting 4th selected and in 4th gear. The Silverleaf system is reporting what is on the J1939 bus.

Thanks for any insights.
John.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190904_130510.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	265986  
Old 11-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #271

Error code

I have a 2000 Dutch Star? Allison Transmission and am getting the following code: d1 23 12, the d2-5 codes are -, is this a faulty shifter? Is there any way to check the shifter on its own? Thanks in advance
Old 11-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #272
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ronbon post question only once and ask question in a new thread,you may get your answer faster.
Your slide question has been answered.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 11-13-2019, 09:21 AM   #273

Cats eye

Cats eye
2000 Dutch star, Allison Transmission, Spartan Chasis, driving down the road a cats eye appears in my shifter window, also a red gear with an exclamation mark on the dash. I pull over, stop put the park brake on, turn off the vehicle, re start and it will not go into gear. I got towed to a mechanic where they have tested the TCM, checked for shorts between the shifter and the TCM, put a new shift controller in and the problem is still there! The code will not clear! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance
Old 11-14-2019, 06:12 PM   #274

cateye on display

I just went thru process of getting my code 23 16 diagnostic code fixed on my 1999 Winnebago. My problem was intermittent to begin with which lasted from September 2018 til this past summer when the issue occurred each time I drove the unit. My problem was the blue wire # 180 between the TCM and the Shift Selector was shorted to chassis ground. I replaced it and have my display back. Fortunately my problem didn't affect driverability. Is your transmission the WTEC III with the single digit shift selector display
Old 11-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #275

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonman View Post
I have been strictly an Allison Tec, manager, Allison rep and now outside sales for 40 years. I used to answer questions before about 15 years ago but became quite busy in my job and lost track.
I have come here to try and lend my expertise to RV owners who have questions about their Allison Transmissions. I really enjoy helping out so please if you are having an issue with your Allison, please leave me a question. I try and check in every other day so please be patient. Thank you and "Have a great day!"
Hi Allisonman. I have the 2007/8 2100 series 6 speed in my motorhome. I went to change the speed and turbine sensors. The sensors I ordered were nothing like the originals I removed. The originals had a copper type coil on the stem that sits inside the casing. The sensors I purchased are sealed in black plastic???
Any help on what these sensors are? I have had no luck searching for them online. Thanks
Old 11-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCY-UFO View Post
Hi Allisonman. I have the 2007/8 2100 series 6 speed in my motorhome. I went to change the speed and turbine sensors. The sensors I ordered were nothing like the originals I removed. The originals had a copper type coil on the stem that sits inside the casing. The sensors I purchased are sealed in black plastic???
Any help on what these sensors are? I have had no luck searching for them online. Thanks
Out of curiosity, why did you replace them? Do you have pictures of the old ones?
Allison sensors are all encased in black plastic.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #277

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The speedo was getting erratic. I read it was probably the speed sensor. When I removed the old sensor it was not encased in plastic? Do you think the plastic may have disintegrated?
The new sensors were part # 29536408. The dia, was far to large for the opening.
I can't send a pic. just yet of the old sensor.
Do you know the actual replacement part number?
Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:01 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCY-UFO View Post
The speedo was getting erratic. I read it was probably the speed sensor. When I removed the old sensor it was not encased in plastic? Do you think the plastic may have disintegrated?
The new sensors were part # 29536408. The dia, was far to large for the opening.
I can't send a pic. just yet of the old sensor.
Do you know the actual replacement part number?
Thanks again.
29536408 is the number I am seeing in the parts catalog. What information do you see on the data tag on the transmission?
Old 11-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #279

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for your prompt replies. The coach is in the shop having rear brake work. Therefore I can't give information from the tag. I shall respond possibly tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:24 AM   #280

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton291 View Post
29536408 is the number I am seeing in the parts catalog. What information do you see on the data tag on the transmission?
On second thoughts, it makes sense the sensors are encased as you said.

This means the circular encasement disconnected from the head.

How am I going to get that piece out of the hole without it falling into the tranny?

Tags
allison