Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did Good Sam ERS tow you to an authorized Allison repair facility ?

I belong to GoodSam ERS and if our Allison 1000 conks out (we are years out of warranty)....their towing provision reads..."we will tow your vehicle to the nearest network provider both willing and able to repair your vehicle" (Able... is the key word).

So, not just anyone can repair our Allison 1000. Has GoodSamERS towed you to an Allison repair shop....even if it is a LONG tow....or did they hassle you to pay extra, after they dropped you off at a facility you would not want to work on your Allison?

How about Coach Net...or AAA towing? Any better ?

Forgot to mention we have RV service contract with U.S. Warranty Corporation. Guess they will have to approve repairs and repair facility. Guess this could be a problem....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I was towed 2 times by AAA.

First time was because of the transmission. I told AAA where I wanted it taken and they didn't argue.

Second time when road debris damaged my radiator. Again I told AAA where I wanted it towed and they didn't argue.

AAA does have a 100 mile limit, both tows were less then 100 miles.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #3

Coach-Net found and towed my MH to a facility that was qualified and willing to effect the repair. That may not sound like much but they arranged this over a July 4 weeked in [Mod Edit] Georgia for a 24-year-old MH.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Inside rear dual blew out and yanked all my coach wiring out.
CSAA (AAA) towed me 70 miles to the nearest Workhorse dealer. About $1,600 and they covered it all. I have the premiere AAA card.

They then covered the $12,000 price to repair the wiring.

I'm a happy camper.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Arch H......So you did not have an extended service contract with CSAA. You had ordinary vehicle insurance for your motor home. Correct ?

I am a bit foggy about how a tire blowout and subsequent damage would be handled. Would you or others pontificate a bit, please....
Old 03-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #6

O.a
mcflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Arch H......So you did not have an extended service contract with CSAA. You had ordinary vehicle insurance for your motor home. Correct ?

I am a bit foggy about how a tire blowout and subsequent damage would be handled. Would you or others pontificate a bit, please....
Normal coverage with $50 deductible and upgraded Road service.

Because the tire blowing out caused all the wires to my main control panel in the coach that controls the furnace/ air conditioners/ tank levels, etc to get wrapped around my rear axle they covered all the repairs.

It actually pulled all the wires off the back of the control panel and ripped the entire cable out.

Three weeks ago somebodies tire and wheel came off and I couldn't avoid driving over it. Destroyed my front passenger side leveling jack assembly, jammed it up into the bottom of the coach.
Ripped out the plastic air dam on my toad. About $1,600 in damage including a front end alignment on my coach and toad.

My passenger side tires, front and back, actually went over top of the tire and wheel. Really rocked the coach!!

CSAA is covering it all with no hassle.They just put a new windshield in for me three months ago on the drivers side.

I'm a happy camper.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, allison, repair, thor, tow