Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #1

Touchpad power up

My wtec3 powers up perfectly in morning. Once I have drive for a few hours and turn ignition off and back on it flickers and flashes before lighting up. If I drive for several hours I get nothing when turning off and back on and have to wait for a few hours before flicker and flash and after x I will finally get "N". Once I get " N" everything works fine. I have driven 600 miles with no problem but once I turn off ignition it starts again. Anyone have advice?
Jim Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morin View Post
My wtec3 powers up perfectly in morning. Once I have drive for a few hours and turn ignition off and back on it flickers and flashes before lighting up. If I drive for several hours I get nothing when turning off and back on and have to wait for a few hours before flicker and flash and after x I will finally get "N". Once I get " N" everything works fine. I have driven 600 miles with no problem but once I turn off ignition it starts again. Anyone have advice?

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. Could you please give us a little more info? What are you driving? What year, etc. Thanks.

Rick Y
Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #3

2002 Monaco knight. I'm having trouble with the touchpad shifter
Old 06-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a RV Tech tip guide with some trouble shooting info.

http://www.rvtechstop.com/resources/allsonok.pdf

I believe that there is a dedicated wire that provides power to the ECU , you might check to see if it is tight and not corroded. You could also try unplugging the connections and see if that helps. Same thing on the shift pad, there are wiring harness connectors on it and they may be loose.

Here is another post on IRV2 that sounds similar to yours.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/will...rt-199943.html
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:40 AM   #5

My guess is a connection somewhere. I'm puzzled that once it does light up it stays lit until turning off.is there initial power that cuts out once everything is communicating? Also the engine brake switch will cause flicker to stop and go black if turned on at that point. And start to flicker again once turned back off.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #6

I contacted Monaco and they sent me some wiring schematics. I'm gonna look at them and check the power and grounds in the morning
Old 07-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #7

So today I wiggled some wires and pushed on the fuses and relays in the #4 box. Everything is working perfectly. I guess I'm gonna remove my inverter so I can get better access to the #4 box and clean and check all connections there. Maybe it was a loose relay after all.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:56 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Mine did this and it was the direct connection at the battery. My dynasty has 5 direct connections to the positive and negative post (small wires). One of those was the keypad/ECM

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
As temp increases so does resistance,shut it off hot,then it hot soaks(gets hotter) then you wait and it cools.Also while driving the current is continuous but when you power up there is too much resistance. Possible loose or dirty conn or possible ecu starting to fail.Just some thoughts
WRENCH18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
there is a thread further down that explains this condition perfedtly,ecu going bad says dead allison md3060.although it says to warm it it can also fail from being too hot as well
WRENCH18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power