Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Duramax Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #15

Duramax motor home

Hi

Unfortunately GM stopped building the medium duty truck last year.

Does anyone know how many company’s built motor homes using the GM medium duty chassis?

3665RE
3665RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have heard GM is considering bring back the Kodiak chassis in 2013 as it was a good selling platform.
But I have been told mistruths before.
I would like to see it happen.
quadnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #17

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadnkev View Post
i have heard gm is considering bring back the kodiak chassis in 2013 as it was a good selling platform.
But i have been told mistruths before.
x2

3665re
3665RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
I have heard GM is considering bring back the Kodiak chassis in 2013 as it was a good selling platform.
But I have been told mistruths before.
xx3
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #19

We love our 2005 kodiak Endura. It gets around 9 mpg and has great power. Handles great and tows great. 42,000 miles and just replaced the rear springs and shocks all around. It's good for another 42k. I hope GM starts making them again so their available when were ready for a new one.
Driven2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #20

Just bought a 2006 Seneca but have no clue.

Hi Folks, I am a rookie classC MH buyer. Going to pick it up in a couple of weeks. Have owned a small classB and a jayco Kiwi 23ft trailer for 5years or so. The 36ft. length worries me and have never owned a diesel. Any advise or tips will be appreciated.
Meshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshi View Post
Hi Folks, I am a rookie classC MH buyer. Going to pick it up in a couple of weeks. Have owned a small classB and a jayco Kiwi 23ft trailer for 5years or so. The 36ft. length worries me and have never owned a diesel. Any advise or tips will be appreciated.
we have a 05 endura had trouble with brake chime a rely under hood.we carry extra old serpentine belt , oil, and fuel filter.
safe travel bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
My biggest complaint with our Jayco Seneca 34SS is the tank sizes are very small and are not adequate for more than a short weekend of dry camping.
BAD BAD BAD I will not own another Jayco product again.
So you're condemning Jayco because the tank sizes are too small? You didn't know that before purchasing the MH?? Like any RV, if it doesn't meet your requirements, you probably shouldn't have bought it to begin with; there's not much that Jayco can do about it after the fact. The size of the tanks has nothing to do with the competence of the manufacturer, however. Jayco has a sterling reputation for customer service as well as their outstanding 2+3 warranty; the three (3) Jaycos we owned were excellent RVs at their respective price points.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome