Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Duramax Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #1

Motorhome with a Duramax

hey i see all trucks anyone else with amotor home with duramax? ihave a early 06 300hp jayco seneca 35 ft love the way it drives and handles mpg as good as11.2 normal high 8 to mid 9s i tow adakota 4dr like to hear about your rig gary barb sproutz
born is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
yes we have 04 6.6 lly 34' endura gulf stream. we get 10 mph no higher driving 60mph.been having problem with break servive light & chim. replaced switch on break peddle. have part # we like it and handles nice runs quiet.
safe travles bob,linda,& missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #3

duramax mh nw rver i have same problem with brake light & chime snds had it ajusted at gm dler while in sth padre tx took mh to albuquerque for tires it started again part # for switch ? thank you gary barb sproutz
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
acd #D891A GM part # 15128874 hope this helps i carry a spare.
safe travels bob, linda & missy
Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had a problem on a recent trip, the brake light in the center dash area was on and the chime sounded. In addition to the switch a relay was replaced, it was grey in color.
I have a 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS
quadnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
where was the rely ? we went to ak no problem than chime came on only happens on start up changed switch on brake pedal. was surfing the web and found a gm service bullitin # 07-05-22001 they want u to move some wires around somthing about voltage.
thanks for post this light & chime driving me nuts bob,linda & missy
Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
The relay is in the engine compartment, not sure where but I do have the old one still but the unit is at the dealer right now.
I will get the replaced relay and see if I can locate where it mounts.
There were two stored codes for my problemI will get info on them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
where was the rely ? we went to ak no problem than chime came on only happens on start up changed switch on brake pedal. was surfing the web and found a gm service bullitin # 07-05-22001 they want u to move some wires around somthing about voltage.
thanks for post this light & chime driving me nuts bob,linda & missy
Old 11-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #8

duramax brake light&chime

had chime&light problem dealer adjusted switch (emergency brake) lasted 1000+ mi & started again took to another dealer they replaced power steering pump ? took trip to tetons & yellow stne frome nm &back problem hasnt returned the dealer services school busses inarea that have 5500 chassis that had same problems said steering pump is the fix
Old 11-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
thanks for info is that the booster pump underneith resivior ?
safe travles bob,linda & missy
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
just got back they replace relay under hood taking off for fl see how it goes
Old 02-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #11

I have an '08 Bigfoot 40MH32st with a 330 hp Duramax LLY engine. This is a Chevy C5500. I've experienced a problem twice with the turbocharger mapping sensor (TMS). This sits on top of the engine just under the engine air cleaner. The GM dealer told me this is a common problem. Seems that the large round air cleaner bounces up and down as you travel down the highway, which tends to knock the TMS loose. This causes you to lose the turbocharge and power. Bummer! I had to be towed twice. Final a mechanic at the GM dealer showed me its location. He put zip ties across it so it can't come lose again.
BirneyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well, have towed a fifth wheel 38 foot trailer with my 2005 Chevy Duramax for over 100,000 miles. Just traded the trailer in Saturday on a 2009 Jayco Seneca HD 36MS with the Duramax in it. We'll see if that Duramax is as good to me as my truck has been!!
CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
so far at 10 mpg we loven ares
safe travles bob,linda & missy
Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
My biggest complaint with our Jayco Seneca 34SS is the tank sizes are very small and are not adequate for more than a short weekend of dry camping.
BAD BAD BAD I will not own another Jayco product again.

Tags
motorhome