Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Duramax Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #1

Hi everybody, this is my first post and I hope someone can help me. I have a 2001 Chev. CC duallie with Duramax/Allison. I just bought a used Edge Juice and installed it. I followed the instructions that are posted on the Edge site but the one I bought is a very early unit without the 3 wires for the Attitude. It seems to be working ok but I was wondering if someone here might have an early unit and could give me some input. The guy that I bought it from tried to remember how he used to set it on his truck but from what he says it is different from what the website says. My unit has a sticker #ECT1000 ver. 461. Can anyone help? Thanks for reading.

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #2

Hi everybody, this is my first post and I hope someone can help me. I have a 2001 Chev. CC duallie with Duramax/Allison. I just bought a used Edge Juice and installed it. I followed the instructions that are posted on the Edge site but the one I bought is a very early unit without the 3 wires for the Attitude. It seems to be working ok but I was wondering if someone here might have an early unit and could give me some input. The guy that I bought it from tried to remember how he used to set it on his truck but from what he says it is different from what the website says. My unit has a sticker #ECT1000 ver. 461. Can anyone help? Thanks for reading.

Ray
Old 08-17-2007, 04:26 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Jayco Owners Club
You might try their web site and download a manual.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
itchyfeet

I have that model, what is it that you want to know? I think I still have the instruction sheet in the truck.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #5

Its been a while since I have had a edge so forgive me if I am wrong ! On my 01 I think I had to put the parking brake on , set the gear selector to the level you want to run just as you turn on the key ??????? I think you needed to do the same thing for tow haul mode also.

FYI dont run more then setting 2 when towing and level 3 max with a stock trans. Honestly I dont like edge as much as did then , its crude the way the fool the stock ECM and its has some quirks that I could not deal with ! I now run live EFI and have a custom tune by Kennedy Diesel .com , it runs flawless but has HUGE lowend TQ that you need for towing ! If you have any issues with the way your truck runs remove the juice and see if that fixes it. One more thing set your power level to 2 and leave it there it will take about 20~30 stops and starts to full speed for the trans to relearn how to deal with the extra power DONT put the juice onit and take it out and beat the crap out of it.... your trans will last much longer !

best places for duramax info is these sites !
http://dieselplace.com/forum/index.php?
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/
Old 08-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
itchyfeet

I have that model, what is it that you want to know? I think I still have the instruction sheet in the truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The installation instructions that are on their website say to turn key on, put gear selector in the appropriate number and depress the gas pedal twice, start motor, then push the tow/haul switch twice. I don't know if they mean to turn it off and on twice or just to depress the switch twice. In order to see which setting you have installed you start the motor and go from park to rev, to neutral and back to rev and then to park and the motor is supposed to rev the same number of times that you have set the chip in. Well, mine doesn't rev but when put back into park it sounds like gear clash for a split second. The truck drives and runs great and seems to have a lot more power but when in regular drive, tow/haul off and under light throttle it shifts from first to second very quickly. I know that trans has to relearn how to shift but I didn't know what to expect. Does any of this make sense? If you can find your instruction sheet and email a copy of it I sure would appreciate it. My email is: likearock@socal.rr.com
Thanks, Ray.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #7

Ray I still think you can have two differnt power levels programed at the same time , one in tow/haul and one in regualar drive. Sounds like you need to turn on your tow haul mode and program that setting . I alway left the tow/haul matched to the regular drive because the trans would have to relearn alittle every time you change the amount of power put to it. The fast shift your talking about is a example of my opservations. I dont think you need to go threw all the trans shifting that you speak of to set the program , once it is set and you start the truck its saved.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xc-mark:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for your input. Yes, I have programmed both modes and it seems that when in tow/haul the shift pattern is better. It is only in regular mode that I am getting what you call a quick shift. I have programmed regular mode in 2 and tow/haul in 1 as I pull a heavy fifth wheel. It would be nice to be sure that the instructions are the same for my unit as what they have on their website for the later version that will accept the Attitude. Thanks again,
Ray
Old 09-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #9

Itchy,
If ya have issues with your Edge I recommend you get the PPE. I was a BETA tester for Edge for 3 years. I have the same year truck and con fig as you and the 4.61 has issues with engine interference, if you have cut out issues under load or weird misses when you are running your wipers you have a bad module.

Edge has GREAT customer service but struggle to identify the root cause. I switched to PPE and it has been perfect.

Dmax Dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:57 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ray

Check your email.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote