Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Powerstroke Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #1

Does anybody have a recommendation for a three gauge array (oil temp, transmission temp, exhaust gas temp gauges). I was looking for something that would install on the "A" pillar and easy enough for me to install myself.

This is to be installed on a 2007 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew cab w/Powerstroke 6.0L

Thanks for your input!!

2006 Cougar 289 EFS
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #2

Does anybody have a recommendation for a three gauge array (oil temp, transmission temp, exhaust gas temp gauges). I was looking for something that would install on the "A" pillar and easy enough for me to install myself.

This is to be installed on a 2007 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew cab w/Powerstroke 6.0L

Thanks for your input!!

2006 Cougar 289 EFS
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:10 AM   #3

Frank I like dealing with "ITP Diesel" and "Diesel Preformance Parts" for my truck "extras".

Have dealt with and will deal with both in the future. A "Small world" note, Mark of DPP and I were chatting at a truck rally several years ago that was held in May. It just so happened to be the weekend of my birthday. So in the conversation I mentioned that I was gonna tell Cathy the goodies I had bought were my birthday present to me. He commented his was that weekend too and inquired what day was mine? Turns out our birthday is the same day and year. Just about every year now either I call him or he calls me on our birthday.

Catch Ya Later,

DOn
Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Frank

Most diesel operators go with Pyro (Exhaust Temp), Tranny Temp and a Boost Gauge. the Pyro and Trans Temp are almost a MUST!. IMOHO the Boost gauge is for FYI. If one looses turbo boost, they won't need a Gauge to tell them.

I am almost positive that the tranny has a plug that gets removed for the probe to be installed. The EGT gauge can be tricky. Some argue it should get installed before the turbo while other argue it is better installed after the turbo. In either case a hole needs to be drilled into the tube. If you install before the trubo, and if any metal filings get into the tube, they could get sucked into the turbo. Once the hole is drilled some clamp on, others screw in while others weld in. Can't help you on the boost gauge, I don't have one; never did. You might try going to TheDieselStop. They have many articles on upgrades. I'm sure they have an article on gauges and isntallation tricks.

I have dealt alot with Diesel Performance Parts.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #5

I have a 3 gauge pod by ITP that mounts above the rear view mirror. I really like it there. I can vouch for the ITP gauges and the wonderful detailed instructions with great photos they send with them.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #6

Two bit has the same set up we do,
above the mirror & the hubby likes
it just fine.

Jo
Jody & Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i have 3 guages,
but what i would like to mention is a couple things other then the type of guage,

... get 270 degree guages as versus the 180 degree guages, that added visibility is HUGE, i don't know why they even sell the 180's,
and since those a-pillar guages are right in front of your noggin, get a soft-light bulb in them,
i've had some that were so bright, that three of them made it hard to see out the windshield on dark country roads after checking out the guages
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote